Verving the Pipeline: Multi Program Workflow

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:33 pm

Re: Verving the Pipeline: Multi Program Workflow

Zero, I just wanted to thank you for drawing my attention to Blender again. This is definitely a major release and the first time i didn't hate it when i tried a new version :D :bounce: My UU3d pro UV editor stopped working and different fixes didn't help. I sent them an email about it. I decided to give Blender's UV system a try because of your links and enthusiasm. There are other features it has relating to rigging etc. I need for this dwarf project. I have him rigged and moving but I need to set up a face rig. I may have to postpone it while i go back and finalize previous projects but I am excited now :beer:
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:44 am

I am not really happy about my background here so that may be changed down the road while I consider it. I had a revelation about how many people use a translator for this site and decided to post here what I have written on the image so they can read it without getting a friend to read it to them. This actually happened. What good is a story they can't read?

This is a final rewrite and it stands alone as a real vignette. Writing is horribly condensed but that plays in favor of the format. It stands alone but it is definitely linked to Meretsegar's story as they are tied together by purpose and in the same area that the Chaos Storm has taken them. The story will follow the image. I have also decided that I will need to hold back most of these (there are 50 planned vignettes and ten done) as this is planned for publication through Amazon, but I will publish Meretsegar's story here first along with the final on her last image.
final.jpg
final.jpg (347.98 KiB) Viewed 6534 times

Darius stood at the top of the stairs leading down to the witnesses, leaning on his heirloom cane, waiting for the true sun that signaled the end of his nights and the never-ending rejection of his days. Last of those who protect, no longer needed, no longer wanted but satisfied at a task well done. Darius was the last of the vampires on his world and almost the last of the supernaturals. The rest had left for other worlds leaving Darius behind because he had been the anchor and they, the ship. They had to cut the rope because this world was done. All that remained were a few who could not bear to leave and who would bear witness. And the anchor, Darius.

He wore his favorite old suit and smiled into the dawning sky. He had led as honorable a life as possible it was for him to live. He had fallen on his face and stood back up countless times and whether he succeeded or failed he had come through all to stand here this day to triumph for one last time. His job was done as surely as this world was. Darius spread his arms wide to welcome the sun and the skies turned darker than true night. The Chaos Storm bore down on him snatching him from his joy at a life well lived. Reality rippled and he knew nothing, felt nothing until he awoke no longer on the planet that he knew so well but elsewhere. It was deep night instead and the stars were different from those he was accustomed to at either the north or south hemispheres of his world.

He appeared to be in a town of some sort and buildings were burning around him spewing smoke across the area. The Storm still raged, Chaos had erupted in the streets and cries for help reached his hearing. Strange that he could understand them, but it was almost as if through a mental filter. A cry for help however was something he could understand on any level.

He lowered the arms that had tried to embrace the sun still holding the ancient cane of his family which he planted on top of the hard-surfaced street. Darius stretched his vampiric senses seeking the closest victims of the storm, found one and headed that way. Darius, once Lord of the Shield's Service had a reputation to maintain after all. He wasn't pleased at the situation around him but at the same time he was strangely lifted. He was needed and as long as he felt that, as long as he knew that, then he could live forever. He tried to shake the thoughts from his mind and went about his profession.

It was good to be needed.

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:25 am

Thanks for sharing this nice vampire intro story and image.
Darius looks great by the way!
We can read the text in image but you are right, it looks better directly in this post ;)
DA: http://ovn1.deviantart.com/
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/_ovn1_/
System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Alia and the Second Hand of Time

Thanks so much Olivier :hug: More is coming on Meretsegar her intro vignette is a final now. So back to work on her illustrations. I am using more a more traditional graphic novel approach with her this time.

On another note this image is from a story I wrote yesterday.
Attachments
Alia and the Second Hand of Time .jpg
Alia and the Second Hand of Time .jpg (400.33 KiB) Viewed 6411 times

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Playing to Your Strengths

I decided a long time ago that the best way for me to make a living and relax was to do the things I enjoyed the most. Writing, reading, doing art in the Areas I excel at. The faucet has been turned on and the flow from the well is smooth and steady. I have been preparing months for this creative burst. I won’t apologize for all the water ;)

I have tried multiple times to define Professor Morales’ look. He is half Scottish and half Catalan. This is yet another stab at it with a generated photo/painted concept I put together at art breeder.
play to your strength.jpg
play to your strength.jpg (350.48 KiB) Viewed 6406 times

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:55 pm

Oh, yes, the ethnic combination is most definitely in there! I wonder- just out of curiosity- what a slightly reddish/more blond beard might be like, or if it would end up looking too viking?! Anyway, he's awesome the way he is now! :ob
The lips look a little off, especially his lower right portion, which almost feels like it's from a different angle, but it's hard to tell with all the strong compositing.
Anyway, you do know that I'm always an advocate for following your heart and it's fantastic to see that and to feel your joy. With that joy comes an obviously ever increasing strength of your output. Really great to witness! Keep rolling! :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Road to Valhalla

Thanks Taron,

Both your suggestions and critiques are always welcome and sought after. You and Lemi helped me make a better image with Meretsegar and it will be a linchpin as it transitions to the middle of the arc.

I am not so sure that I like the realism using a properly set up Iray scene. I have always gone the opposite direction in post work. This is my feeling after I tried for a Viking type (had to follow that trail). It was a test using the same scene and a different approach playing down the saturation and trying for sfx using layers. I tried toning down his bump/normal and it still came out too realistic. The beard he is wearing is a certified Drago beard lol. Painted on beard textures just won't work with multiple cam views. I did some adjustments to his head and face structure but nothing major. I didn't want him looking exactly like the professor. Maybe not a Viking, but he has their spirit. Hmm i can even think that may be Bifrost behind him :beer:
Road to Valhalla.jpg
Road to Valhalla.jpg (392.7 KiB) Viewed 6391 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Oh jeeez...how come I only now realize that you've basically got the extension of the rainbow bridge here, hahaha... is it actually from "Thor", or just in the spirit of their concept design?
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:00 pm

It was influenced by Marvel from the 60s but not the movie. Tales of Asgard was a side feature in Thor for a few years and has influenced Bridgeworld to the extent that I named the header Tales of Bridgeworld.

That background is a peculiar background that I spawned at Artbreeder. Artbreeder takes public domain images and gives the use of a generator to combine them with. I combined 4 different images to get the background so I could get a better understanding of what they do. The image I used for the bridge area was actually a working aqueduct. His texture was also spawned at artbreeder in the form of the portrait i put together. You are limited to 10 higher rez images and have to pay after that. Not worth it. I am also hesitant to upload any backgrounds I have done to use their tech because of the public domain factor.

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:43 am

Epic! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz
PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic