Verving the Pipeline: Multi Program Workflow

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:12 pm

Re: Verving the Pipeline: Multi Program Workflow

That would be such a cool feature, It would elevate verve perhaps to true commercial. :beer:
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:16 pm

I have been doing quite a bit of writing lately. Needed to do something else and give that part of mind a break. :ud: :) Did a different version of the image I needed to correct earlier
Style Change 005a.jpg
Style Change 005a.jpg (308.87 KiB) Viewed 7098 times

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:09 pm

I like your graphical/cartoon treatment. Very rich and dry colors.
The content is a little bit all over the place, leading to unfortunate associations of body parts, hahaha, and it's a brave choice to have such rich colors in the background, but the main focal element in almost muted browns and grays. Especially since the armor is almost chrome/silver, you'd expect it to really reflect a lot of the environment.
But it sure looks dramatic! :D
It sure is great to take a break from one discipline and rejuvenate your spirit with another. I keep doing that myself, too. So important.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:12 am

Thanks Taron,

I do like breaking the rules to try something different. It took me awhile to find the unfortunate associations lol. At least it's not as blatant as the Sfx shooting out of an earlier works ... :lol: My thought here was to try to create a center with the character. The background represents memories that take precedence. A note on color and blending. (This for the very stray person just learning) I didn't use the controls for hue and saturation to control the color output. I started with a subdued selection of color after I flattened the colors to lose complexity. Using that as a base I duplicated the base 3 times and used overlay on each copy. This caused the richness. There were other blending changes used on individual elements such as subtraction. I attempted to create an X focal to keep drawing the eye back to the less spectacular center while thinking the background would keep the eye roving around from front to back. Still very fun to do. c:! :D

Post Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:39 am

One more experiment before I get back to my writing schedule. I've had this little guy for years and never used him. I saw him again as I was trying to drum up an idea for a decent image. No decency here :lol: I made him a geo shell and applied a fur shader I have been playing with. Poor lil fellow looked cold. :ud: ;)
brrr.jpg
brrr.jpg (349.06 KiB) Viewed 7068 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:26 am

Wahaahahah! :lol: .... hilarious! :ob
Plus, that is one gorgeous background!

Post Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 pm

Seriously cool :) :)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:41 am

Thanks guys. It’s always fun for me to do images like that but I see a problem with the shadows. It should be easy to redo though

The first image I have posted is a simple follow up to the Pixie image. Besides scene setup and background I created a new texture for the tunic the ogre is wearing. The rest of the work involved small adjustments to the character. I was surprised the hair and beard worked. If I do a third I will have the ogre running down a path swarmed by pixies and a real yeti hidden in a corner laughing :) I named it Politics as Usual because the text reminds me of American politics

The next 2 are related to the quest for the “Heart of the Goblin Girl” That’s her standing in the back. Both characters required major reshaping and texture work on their skin. The background was generated with Artbreeder and was the fifth generation I semi composed from a basic set. I say semi because you really never know what is going to morph out no matter how much attention is paid to the controls. It can only be semi guided. It’s Almost like playing with fractals in Mandlebulb 3d.
Politics As Usual.jpg
Politics As Usual.jpg (302.06 KiB) Viewed 6307 times

Goblin Girl 04 BW.jpg
Goblin Girl 04 BW.jpg (362.82 KiB) Viewed 6307 times

Goblin Girl 04 Color.jpg
Goblin Girl 04 Color.jpg (336.84 KiB) Viewed 6307 times

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:08 am

Come to think of it: "Shave a Yeti today" would probably hit the punchline just as hard and immediately becomes imaginable, hahaha. Tons of pixies, harvesting fur from a sleeping Yeti...that's like one of them frat-boy pranks, but with purpose, hehehehe! :hihi:

I like where the BW version is going. If you could somehow hide the impression of it being a sort of "edge-detect", it would look very, very cool indeed! 8-)
One way could be to go to the most obvious places and rather trace those, but take over larger textures that "could be anything", sparing tons of work and hopefully hiding the nature successfully?! :shrug:

Post Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:21 pm

I think that's a great idea on tracing the textures for major elements like the mountains and trees etc. When I get my new computer built I will try that first thing. I am on a gaming laptop right now. But I much Prefer Shave a Yeti vs Skin a Yeti :D That would be hilarious hehe

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic