A little musical intermission...

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: A little musical intermission...

HA and HA again, I got it! Taron, you mentioned that Gregor Theelen is somebody like your mentor. So I went to the soundcloud and listen some of his great music and.. during I was listening his piano improvisations I heard something what I am familiar with.. style, notes combinations.. I visit Gregor's homepage and voila, his nickname is Harding.. He was on Reason station too! I have got his great jazz song, Harmonics, on my computer for loong time and I listen to it on background sometimes.. :D

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Hehehe, yeah, Gregor and I had found each other back in those reason days. We quickly noticed a whole bunch of similarities between us, while he has, naturally, been miles ahead of me in terms of expert knowledge and understanding. Yet, we've immediately recognized to be kindred spirits. After having started up Sonic Flavors together, I got terribly busy with visual effects work and a lot of things just kind of had us drift apart until finally we found back together fairly recently. The timing was most excellent and I'm super thrilled about it all the way. I feel really blessed to have him as a mentor, even if he might downplay his role a little, his support and pushing have made me leap forward several times and I do very much count on his advice, when ever I need some. :)
Back in the reason days, one of the pivotal moments for our friendship was when he called for an orchestral mini competition on reasonstation. We didn't know each other, yet, and I was thrilled about a good reason to try my hands on something like that, so I wrote "Sternenthaler", if you remember that one?! I believe, that caught his attention and the rest is "history", hehe. :D

All in all: Gregor means a great deal to me and he totally rocks! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:55 am

Thank you for your reply, Taron! Very interesting. It is always good to recognize kindred spirit and I totally understand what you mentioned about your relation and history..
Yesterday, I listen your song Sternenthaler and I have to say, you did very good job, Taron (as usual from you :) )! :ob I am not surprised that Gregor liked it.

Thanks to your previous advices and your and Gregor art, I know I can always do better! :)

Have a nice weekend for all!

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:31 am

My latest orchestral adventure...
March On!
:) ...I'm having so much fun making those! :bounce:

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:00 am

Very joyous! :D (your "nightmare's image" on the Sound Cloud is some disturbing the Symphony! :mrgreen:

Ok I have started the translation articles! :beer:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:38 pm

Yeah, another good one! I am really again and again surprised how easy you go from one style to another and with such great results. "March on" is another diamond you put together! c:! :ob

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Weee, thank you both! :beers:
I guess, part of my "trick" is to just let myself go to where it sends me, you know. I don't offer any resistance! :D
There's so much to discover in all styles, but most modern styles can be a little beasty, because they disguise aspects that should be more carefully crafted, while an orchestra is laying them bare somehow. If you don't find the musically appropriate relations, they'll stand out immediately as mistakes, you know. I believe, doing those orchestral exercises will help me gain ever greater control over any arrangements and the composition itself. At least it feels that way to me. :shrug: :bounce:

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:44 am

Here's a weird one:
Rust & Rubbings
Having too much fun goofing around with little sounds, hehehe.... :P

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:22 am

I just understand your image on SoundCloud (not see it close up previous) :oops:
Genesis indeed! Does a monster can create beauty? Philosophy at breakfeast! :beer:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Hehe, yes, weird. Your last piece is not my cup of tea but I understand what you mentioned about the following your mind and heart. I like the way you can project your current ideas to your music. In result your music is so versatile and I like it!
I enjoy very creative part from 1:36 (including drums). :ob
PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic