in the flow

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:31 am

in the flow

Simple yet profound words to live by....for anyone struggling to dive into the stream of their own life.....an excerpt from your response to my first post

I align myself with life as it presents itself to me, try to be awake and "go with the flow" of the current that I'm in and somehow little magical things happen through the triggers of my actions, of my decisions. It's difficult for all of us to find out when we really push ourselves into the stream of our own life, because so many rocks poke out of the water, so many waterfalls threaten to smash us, even other persons can appear like a dangerously sharp stone, especially those, who fight their own current and happen to be on the same as ours. But the moment you let go and recognize what you can do, how you can work with the powers given to you, how you can nudge yourself into the center of the stream that goes into your natural direction, you not only get to gain speed and clarity, you get to see and embrace things on your way that you'd have missed, if you were busy to fight potential obstacles or even the water of your life itself.

by Taron - Mon Apr 28, 2014 -

and this little gem of a story which I have always loved from the book Illusions by Richard Bach........

Once there lived a village of creatures along the bottom of a great crystal river. The current of the river swept silently over them all -- young and old, rich and poor, good and evil -- the current going its own way, knowing only its own crystal self.
Each creature in its own manner clung tightly to the twigs and rocks of the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current was what each had learned from birth.

But one creature said at last, "I am tired of clinging. Though I cannot see it with my eyes, I trust that the current knows where it is going. I shall let go, and let it take me where it will. Clinging, I shall die of boredom."

The other creatures laughed and said, "Fool! Let go, and that current you worship will throw you tumbled and smashed against the rocks, and you will die quicker than boredom!"

But the one heeded them not, and taking a breath did let go, and at once was tumbled and smashed by the current across the rocks.

Yet in time, as the creature refused to cling again, the current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more.

And the creatures downstream, to whom he was a stranger, cried, "See a miracle! A creature like ourselves, yet he flies! See the messiah, come to save us all!"

And the one carried in the current said, "I am no more messiah than you. The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go. Our true work is this voyage, this adventure."

But they cried the more, "Savior!" all the while clinging to the rocks, and when they looked again he was gone, and they were left alone making legends of a savior.

-- from Illusions by Richard Bach
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:58 am

Re: in the flow

Ah, Stavros, that's such a sweet post! Sorry I haven't reacted to it, yet!
Thanks for making me sound so important and official, haha!
That little story is a sweet illustration, too. It only goes to show that we are living under a paradigm of oppression for a while now and no matter how much we are conditioned to ignore it, we don't. I think, all of us can feel it, that it is wrong. Few of us can express it and even fewer are being heard, but the oppression is there and it is wrong.
Most people don't know, that their stubbornness and even bitterness- at times- is not in their character, but their mental immune system, trying to deal with the lies that rule over them.
There was a time when we didn't have to "let go", but we were flying to begin with. It will come again. :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Off Topic