DreamCatcher Curves

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:34 pm

DreamCatcher Curves

Just did a cute test javascript to demonstrate my curve concept:
http://www.taron.de/Storage/javascript/ ... Curve.html

It's really my first attempt at a standalone java script of that kind, so that was a fun morning for sure! It's really not that hard to get into, when you know C already. :shrug: :ugeek:

The upcoming Verve version will have a yet some more improved brush#6, which may get these curves under the hood to keep your strokes smooth. Currently I have hooked up a hidden bezier to it, but it's more elaborate than it need to be and leads to other troubles. The above method I just thought up the other day, while I can't imagine that I'd have invented it, hahaha. Anyhow, it works beautifully!
:bounce:
I call them DreamCatcher Curces! :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: DreamCatcher Curves

Interesting. You know, drawing lasergraphics is working somehow same way, but automatic. Drawing just one point for a corner is not stopping the laser long enough to create an edge. Due to the fact that it is drawn mechanical and the human eye is slow, it would exactly look like in your drawing. Setting more points in the corner will create a sharp edge finally as the dot is stopping long enough. Not that this really belongs to your very nice example... :)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:20 pm

I little bit investigated your javascript code :). You made it through the one morning? Very good man! :rock:

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:31 pm

YEAH! That was such a fun rush, too! Kinda fascinating to feel this ...hm...sense of...hm... power?! :ugeek:
Honestly, it's funny to realize that I could just make an interactive sketch with any language of my choosing, so to say. Sounds a little cocky, but that's what it was like!

Of course, I then had to notice that I did something stupid and that it could be done far more efficiently and then I could test it right away in my javascript code, which I now implemented in Verve in return, hehehe. So...it's not just "cool", but super helpful, too! :D
You can see in the code how it works! In Verve it looks even cooler, though, because of my simple vector class. The actual meat of the loops is literally two lines!
(Of course, I could've just written a tiny 2d class in javascript, too, piece of cake. But well...)

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:14 am

You are great, the javascript sandbox looks & feels good :ob c:!
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:09 am

Weee, thanks Zero! Yeah, I made another version with regular distances between the points and applied it to Verve's brush#6, which now is AWESOME (for fast strokes)! :D
I'm so happy! :)

Still have to work out the slow strokes a little bit more... :roll:

Return to Off Topic