Jim Carrey

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Re: Jim Carrey

Ahaha, GREAT! No comments, no harm! :lol: :ob

As for "serve others", the premise of the markers is to make you "happy" with your choice, to pick what you want to do. Naturally, you wouldn't pick something that you don't like, I assume...happiness is so very relative, though. Some occupations deal with grief and the best such a soul could work towards was relief. To speak of happiness in that context or "serving yourself" might sound odd, you know.
It also is not about "altruism" as a kind of self-sacrifice. It's about a logic that often goes unseen, because people take for granted that they could not function without the others. Even the one that retreats into the mountains cannot ponder for himself or without the aim to serve the whole in one form or another.
Only currency creates the impression that people could or would have to work "for themselves". That's part of the satanic nature of currency and the required motive to battle against scarcity. Only in such circumstances people can forget their true purpose. More importantly, though, is that even despite such circumstances we can remember and pursue our true purpose or something that comes at least close enough. :shrug: :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:07 am

I started to read Bhagavadgíta but my head wasn´t prepared for that. So firstly I decided to read a book from Jack London - Start rover to get me on a little bit metaphysic level :) That is GREAT book too! I read it almost in one breath..

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:17 am

Mahaha, yeah, I warned you a little bit, didn't I?! :lol:
It's a good idea to get yourself into the right mindset, open yourself up to thinking/perceiving on the proper level.
I've never heard of Jack London...though he sounds familiar. I'll have a look later. For now my head is in a very different place, as you may imagine...such insanity out there, ruling our life.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
Previous

Return to Off Topic