How to earn money with digital art?

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:05 pm

How to earn money with digital art?

Hello,

I think thats a good place to talk about realistic possibilities, how we could earn some money with digital artworks.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:09 pm

Re: How to earn money with digital art?

Find a strong personal concept, and disseminate it over the world! c:!
If that pleased you will be recognized and rewarded!
Good luck!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Nope, this topic will go into OFF TOPIC, because it really goes far beyond Verve. I will move it there, but I will wait until you see this reply. I don't want you to think it's gone.
Once you reply to this, I will move it to OFF TOPIC and we will continue there!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Well, I've moved the topic now... assuming you will find it again, Zero!? :geek:

Like almost all artistic professions your work has to speak for yourself. Unlike many other professions, you do not need an academic background to actually earn good money with it, but you do need intense dedication, careful and driven study and eventually the confidence to craft your designs, which will have to jump right back at the viewer in order to win them over. Art is not like the classic dishwasher to CEO career thing. In some ways you almost end up having to jump right into the top tier to come from nowhere. It does help to somehow end up getting simple commissions at first, both teaching you how to cater to a client and building a portfolio for yourself, proper references. But, again, it's tough to get into it before your work has a certain shine to it.
I do not think that age is any trouble, really, because every age has its advantages or merits in this field. Young artist have that insatiable drive, the eagerness and potential boldness to create ambitious pieces. Older artist have the discipline and respect to really realize skillful and careful creations. Naturally this is just a raw prejudice in a way, as these traits may be exchanged in some cases, hehe, but it only goes to show that age doesn't have to be a handicap when it comes to making money with art. The biggest problem more mature artists may have is that they expect more money and may not have the patience to start low.
Either way, I believe that you can not make a career in art properly, if you're after money. You have to be after the art itself. People can sense and see what your motives are and respond to it accordingly.
There's a lot more to say about it all, but I'll give you these thoughts as a starting point...
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Off Topic