avast! deletes the newest version

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Sun May 11, 2014 5:28 pm

Re: avast! deletes the newest version

...I so have to pull myself together not to be sarcastic or unfriendly, but I just can't help the virus killer situation, so you're on your own with that stuff, as sorry as I am about it. If I knew what to do, I'd do it most likely, but... :roll:

Boycott all virus killers, who act that way and just uninstall them, that's all I can recommend. And stop doing risky things with your computer such as trying out questionable cracks, looking at questionable stuff or opening email attachments you don't know anything about. A virus does not just fly into your machine for no reason and windows has a decent defender to protect you from all ordinary threads, being updated frequently, too. It doesn't stop you from downloading or starting any app, even if it warns you in case of a risk. But if you know better, you can say "run anyway", that easy.
I know the digital world has gone completely bonkers with all that malicious crap out there, opportunistic fools, who don't recognize that they truly hurt themselves, when they hurt anybody, but if that makes you stop exploring things that could truly benefit you, they don't need to hook a virus into your system, the deed is already done! :evil:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun May 11, 2014 5:33 pm

BTW. I told Norton I trusted it(there were maybe a half a dozen users at that time according to the stats I saw) ;)
ZBrush4R6P2,trueSpace6.6,PSP9,Modeling,image mangling and some animation.
i5quad core@3.1GHz 8GB ram Nvidia 550Ti 2gb card

Site Admin

Post Sun May 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Nice, thanks! I so hope at some point they kind of put my name or copyright notice into their library?! At least for a further check. I keep updating the file, so it'll always be looked at as a new application, starting the foolish cycle again and again. :roll:

Anyway, thanks a lot, Doug! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon May 12, 2014 12:45 am

I posted on the Avast forum and have sent them the "false positive" report. You can see the post here and comment if you wish.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=150155.0
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]