Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: Suggestions

Hand cream and zero friction c:! is equal to hardware support for FLUIDITY 100% :lol: seriously :D
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Ehehehe...I think, the bamboo is a ...dang, what's the English word for "Rubbel-Los", haha! Yeah, I bet it's in pieces by now! :lol:
Anyway, I'm having my Intuos 3 for easily 10 years, I believe, using it quite extensively, especially the first 8 years for sure, but still quite a lot now and...it's more greasy than scratched from what I can tell, hahaha. But when I see what you're doing, pud, I can only imagine the state of your tablet, hehehe! :twisted: :D c:! :PP :lol:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu May 04, 2017 6:28 pm

I've tried very hard to read each one of these suggestions, I only read 20 of these pages,
great colaborations indeed.
also, it's good to see that other guys have asked customizable hotkeys, and presets before.
I saw an intereseting post about showing the zoom level (%) in the gui, I think is a wonderfull idea that got forgotten.
also another guy (in page 13) asked a "new view"/picture-in-picture capability, yes like PS, ArtRage, Painter, they implemented this cuz is very very usefull when doing digital painting, is a well know feature among digital painters, almost as popular as using floating references.

I already listed my 3 suggestions in my subdata,
but I have a little n simple suggestion that I guess belongs here...
its wonderfulll that the [ ] keys resize the brush in a proportional way (x2),
but when painting with Verve (have been hours of hours) I have notice that the x2 factor is a little bit excesive, I always wind up downsizing the brush a little bit after hitting the ] hotkey.
wouldn't be better to use the Fibonacci proportion (x1.618) instead of (x2). I know perhaps it could sound silly or picky, but I'm quite sure it would be more natural, cuz it is how nature grows (more and less).

great app Taron.
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Sat May 06, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Fri May 05, 2017 9:10 am

:shock:
Eduardo?! I LOVE this suggestion! I mean, I completely love it! You make me facepalm myself for not having thought about that myself...duh! It's almost ironical. :lol: I've been teaching people about Fibonacci for ever and observe everything around it with this in mind. Really... duh!

Thanks! :ob
Done! Download again! :ugeek: :beer:

Post Sat May 06, 2017 2:22 am

what can I say Taron,
it's feels super natural, beautiful c:!
this simple feature its something that no other painting app has (as far as I know)
now I will have to say respect to any other painting app "I wish it had Verve Increase/Decrease brush size functionality" :mrgreen:
many thanks

PD: what about showing the zoom level (%) in the gui?
EDITED > sorry I forgot to type *showing
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Sat May 06, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Sat May 06, 2017 10:03 am

Zoom levels relate more to the pixel size and should stay the way they are.
However, what's fun with the new brush size steps is that you can find the golden mean on the image:
- Make the brush as large as the image's long side.
- Now just go one step smaller with the brush size.
- Now you can align your brush edge with the image edge and check how far it reaches into the image with its other side! 8-)
You could now leave a mark and go one step smaller again to continue the Fibonacci spiral into the image, step by step...pretty fun.

Post Sat May 06, 2017 12:03 pm

impressive, what can I say Taron
golden ratio is everywhere :mrgreen:

I guess I didn't express my self correctly (sounds extrange, but I guess is more polite)
about showing the current zoom level in the gui,
I now Ctrl Home fits the Canvas to the Verve window width
and Shift Alt RMB or Ctrl Alt RMB Reset Canvas Zoom n Pan (restoring it to 100% zoom right?)
due to my canvas size limitations, I usually go to 200% zoom or beyond and I start to notice the pixels
is there a way to show the current zoom level in the gui?

thx advanced.
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Sat May 06, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Sat May 06, 2017 12:14 pm

On zooming larger than 100% I purposely did not blend the pixels for display. You are meant to see pixels then. Only when you zoom out, pixels will blend nicely. I will later on regard canvas navigation in the GUI, including zoom level display and dial. :ugeek:
HOME will reset canvas navigation to its original display size, pan and rotation. Shift Home will also reset the window size to the canvas, which can be awkward, if your canvas is bigger than your screen, of course. But, I do believe I made proper notice of all those shortcuts in the info. :? :geek:

Post Sat May 06, 2017 12:45 pm

ehh... [Ctrl] + [Home] wasn't listed, I guess cuz it was quickly implemented after some member suggested it in the suggestion thread ;)

well really having zoom level is not that much important, certainly not worthy of having its on dial since we already have the navigation hotkeys (which comes in two flavors - +, or Ctrl Alt) to zoom out zoom in, so adding a dial to zoom again seems redundant to me, but just the number 100%, 200% could be handy, like the way you show the Fluid, Build number in the gui.

what to me is trully insanely needed to have its own dial is the brightess cuz despite the Color Wheel has its brightness slider, that slider doesn't act or can be used exactly as a dial,
usually I just wan't to turn the knob a little bit, and only the Dial can do that in a quick manner, the color wheel brightness slider takes much more eye hand coordination effort to do same and not in a precise manner, and not handy if you want to perform that task manny times.
please Taron, showing the zoom level number in the gui could be spared, but please add a brightess dial

thanks advanced.
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Sat May 06, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Sat May 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Nah, I'm pretty sure I put in Ctrl Home early on already, probably just forgot about it.
With the color, wait until I have the new pallet stuff up!
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]