Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Knacki, download again! I made a little gift for you. ;)
...try Brush #10 chaos without oscillation! c:!
As a kind of consistency thing, it will only kick in above the halfway point of chaos.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Oh cool, thank you taron.
I hope this doesn't sound ungrateful, but the chaos range is super small :oops:
One big advantage of brush 3. Small particles can be distributed on a large area with one stroke.
This compensates the small range of brush 10 chaos, what I really missed compared to PS range jitter, which is quite bigger even on small particles.

Anyway, now everything is covered what one needs.
I seriously had no idea what my request could end up in.

I only asked for less adjustable bristles in brush 3 with adjustable size as it looks like a bug if bristle size is suddenly almost zero if bristle number is less than 13%.
Naive as I am, I just thought you would say something like: "Oh, yes that variable has a mistake, done!"
I didn't know what is all behind.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:24 pm

I completely enjoy going back down there and making things more useful and interesting, which I've neglected for such a long time. There will certainly be more, because I'm having such a blast, but yeah...

Sooooooooo...you want a larger range?! Okidoki...Try it now! :ugeek:

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 pm

That's perfect! :bounce: :rock: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :rock: :rock: :rock: :beer:

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:43 pm

:D :hug:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:57 am

Make available as iOS / Android software <-- dibs on the android. It's probably been suggested b4 but it seems to fit on-the-go mentality like a glove.

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:54 pm

It absolutely does! And I absolutely want to, but there's a whole new world for me to explore... GL with Java (so to say). Haven't done it, yet, but I'm looking forward to it. :ugeek:

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 am

Taron wrote:Yes, you're absolutely right, I should finally make that selector work properly. It's still just my little tester, hence the color coding for the sides, too, hehe, but that's kind of cool, too, because you can grab an image flipped. Not sure, if you noticed already? Just drag the left edge over to become the right edge, for example. You'll grab the image "mirrored".

Anyway, yep, I'll clean all this up eventually! :ugeek:

Sorry, I haven't understood how to flip - which image? Your canvas?
Windows 10 professional, Notebook with Intel Core i7-6700 4Ghz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 980 with 8 GB RAM, Cintiq 27'

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Here are some suggestions. Maybe I haven’t discovered all of the existing functions of verve and my suggestions are already in there. For sure most of my points were mentioned before:

1.) More undos
2.) With double-click on a knob it should be possible to type a number for the value. To keep it simple it would be sufficient like in sketchup. That was mentioned before because it seems to be tricky for you with an extra popping up window
3.) Show the wetness of the paper. That's in Rebelle and in Expresii available and very handy.
4.) Dry only the paint, not the canvas with a button or hotkey
5.) Tilt the canvas. That's solved both in Expresii and in Rebelle very good. In Expresii you can see on a smaller copy of the canvas not only the tilt (and change it there in three dimensions), but also where the water is. Deep blue is very wet, lighter blue less.
6.) The Brush in Expresii is for me the most advanced of all programs. Because you have also a length of the bristles. It's also better to see how the brush will react, because you see a 3d-brush at your brush-tip which changes how you hold your pencil. For example the long brush with much pressure gives a wonderful feeling and changes the contact-space, especially if you turn it around. Then the bristles flip around like a real brush
7.) When I see youtube-tutorials of artists with traditional media, they all have a mixing-palette. That's also available in Corel Painter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ylY9jMN3E There they mix on the fly some main colors to new ones. But the interesting of that is, that they often have several colors in one stroke (dirty brush) and can make fancy things with it. With Expresii it is possible to load several colors with several strenghts in your brush. Also you can store these brushes. But I would like to have a separate area where I can put for example a yellow and a blue. Than pick up some of the yellow and a tiny bit of blue and bring it together. Then see how it reacts and put my brush in it. Or put some more water in it to make it more transparent.
8.) In Artrage you can put your brush virtually in a glass of water and then clean your dirty brush.
9.) Name the layers
10.) It’s difficult to see for me which is the active layer.
11.) Show tooltips for all buttons
12.) Make the canvas wet from nearly no wet to really wet possible (by clicking several times on a button)
13.) The Color Swatches are great, but it would be nice to save the transparency and the amount of fluidity and we are able to see it in the swatch for example with numbers within the color swatch
14.) I know the program „ontopreplica“, so that I can position a reference-photo ontop of verve. But an inbuild solution would be even nicer. In Rebelle for example you can produce a color-palette out of a picture. That’s for noobs like me very helpful.
15.) I work with a 27‘‘ Wacom Cintiq and I would like to make the UI bigger, so I can hit the buttons better
16.) I want to store brushes or have some premade to choose from. The classic ones like pencil, watercolor, oil paint and so on.
17.) In Expresii it is possible to have a round or a square brush
Windows 10 professional, Notebook with Intel Core i7-6700 4Ghz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 980 with 8 GB RAM, Cintiq 27'

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 pm

First it‘s good to get used with the program instead of missing things existing in other apps. Easily said but I know that it is very tough, specially when you have some nice things in mind, like you mentioned. Take verve as a love and trust it a little bit. It will take you to super exciting results.
Anyway, some things are already there, but different or as a workaround.
7. Pallette
You can use the color of an image brush to paint withbrush #9. The base color should be white, but you can very by using a different color.
viewtopic.php?p=19060#p19060

9. Name layer
It's not possible, but you can change layer color to active selected color by CTRL+LMB on layer
14. Reference
Check this out:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2471
Kuadro or Pureref are a lovely solution, for your task. For color picking just press ALT when verve is active and pick colors from anywhere of the desktop...how cool is that! ? ! ;)

17.Square brush
Try brush #7 shortcut is 7 btw. and change the bias. I guess to 100. Explore bias & britles with different brushes. There are plenty of things to discover.
;)
Last edited by Knacki on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]