Surface book - maybe first "tablet" for verve?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Re: Surface book - maybe first "tablet" for verve?

Thanks, warrior! Once there's a budget for it, I'll get me one of them surface pros and see how to deal with it. If I know what's going on and can experiment with it, I'll be able to adjust Verve, I'm pretty sure. Sounds a bit like it would have to be a special version, though, but why not. :ugeek:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:22 am

Re: Surface book - maybe first "tablet" for verve?

Thanks for the infos. Heard often that one have to deal with some setups on wacom based pens in surface and surface book.
They are really very expensive. And sexy.
For next year a 2 GB GPU is announced.
I won't buy one.
I need a decent mobile workstation and desktop. No budget for this as a third spare laptop when pricing is same or higher than a decent mobile workstation.

Same about new wacom mobile studio.
Tested the 16" version with 4GB quadro M600.
It was cool in zBrush and It was hard to get it on the edge in photoshop.
But 3200 Euro as a third - no way. Too weak for a real thing. And huge & heavy btw. But can be used as a cintiq too.

Finally I bought an ipad pro 9,7" - 4 month old with an apple pencil for 500€.
That is a good size and weight to take it everywhere.

Big minus - IOS only, so no fun with verve or zBrush or other decent professional apps.
Procreate is a good fellow, the UI is excellent but It will never replace verve. On windows no way to use it as a second display with decent pen functions and delay. Unuseable with one app I tried. But the pencil is best pen ever except that you have to charge it. Palm detection works very good in procreate.

So still time to wait untill a real mobile workstation will be built as a convertible or 2in1.
It's really time!!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]