Abr2Verve

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Abr2Verve

Me again, if I create an PNG in Illustrator CS6 - and I did import/export with your tool, then I get a white-pixel-border between the Alpha and Non-Alpha area on a brush, also after I did changed the bit range of 8 bit to 16 bit in Photoshop ...
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:22 pm

Hmm, :oops: yes, you caught a bug, Zero! I have to confess, I know about it but I havent had time to fix it. BTW you can get such interesting results with this bug.. ;)
Thank you for using this utility, Zero. because of you and others I know I didn´t make the application for nothing!

Post Tue May 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi Lemi
Im trying to convert some brushes for the first time but its not working....any thoughts.
I downloaded abr2verve off your site. Im in windows 7. Opens fine but wont let me drag abr files on top
and doesnt see them when i use the open function. I ttried a few differnt brushes...cs5...cs6 but no go.
Is windows 7 a problem. Love to try some of these brushes.

I am however able to create a png from verve and drag that on top of abr2verve and export that as a brush. :) ( brush is inverted...is there an easy way to invert?)

Thanks kindly
Stavros
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Wed May 03, 2017 8:31 am

Hi Stavros,

not sure with CS6 but with the CS5 brushes it should work. Can you provide me with your source abr file to check?

My emails:
michal.zeman at email.cz or lemivision at lemivision.cz

Lemi

Post Thu May 04, 2017 1:31 am

Nvber mind....Got it thanks Lemi

Im not familiar with windows and I wasnt extracting the zipped abr files fully...duh...its a simple double click on mac.
Working fine now.

Question though...how do I get more than one brush into Verve..? Every time I open a brush file it deletes existing brush.

I kind of assumed that the export selected or export all function stacked the files into one Verve brush with multiple images but thats clearly not how it works.
Great little app Lemi...thanks for doing that...Im playing with some cloud brushes and fluids and they look freaking amazing!
:)
s
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Thu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Great. I am glad you like it and the problems are solved so easily. ;)

Regarding answer to your question, unfortunately Verve doesn´t support more custom brushes at the same time now.. Brush management will be definitely nice to have feature :-) However we can live without it and current support for one custom brush is great feature that extents Verve possibilities dramatically..
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]