FeedBack Verve v0.99v.16

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Wed May 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: FeedBack Verve v0.99v.16

hey, dear taron, I see that Verve didn't wrote the VRI really, because the file size is 0kb. Okay, the original Image was a PNG, it was a PNG out from Illustrator. I could see my PNG in a good quality, but couldn't save as a VRI

but I could solve my problem :ob in a weird way ..

1) create Brush shape e.g. in Illustrator (in my case, its a vektor shape) and export as png
2) if you have opened your verve-painting in verve its maybe better start a second verve-window / instance
3) load your png and press [I ] for creating a brush - if you finshed ... don't export*
4) clear the layer with the Brush-Image - hit [0] / Brush #10 and set your fluids to zero too - make a clone of your brush by pressing one time of your tablet
5) hit [I] again, and do a the same step like in 3) but now you can export :ob

It works fine, a bit weird workflow, but I know also the png-problems in verve c:!

my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Wed May 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Yay! :bounce:
Very cute! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi Taron
Ive noticed that there is a slight delay time when freezing the fluids by turning drying o ( hitting D)n..... even if drying is set to 100 .
This has the effect of softening the image as the fluids slow down to a stop.
Older versions appear to freeze instantly when drying is turned on and set to 100.
Did you change the behaviour by adding a ramp or am I imagining this ?
The fluids in full swing produce some marvelous textures and effects but I now find it impossible to capture them as they tend to soften when frozen.
Is it possible to adjust the drying behaviour to have the fluids freeze instantly when drying is set to 100.....so we can grab some of those wonderful random fluid effects.
Pleeeeeeeeeeease.......and thank you
:)
s
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:43 am

hello dear taron, dear friends -

today I build some own userbrushes - for building a forrest - so its nice to paint some different Trees ... but for using it - in a new fresh layer I have an weird, unwanted 'one-pixel-border-outline', couldn't fix that with different settings (e.g. bump at "0") - how did you fix that? So I did use artrage for my tree-stencil-brush(es). Hmmm ...

But on the first layer, there wasn't this unwanted 'one-pixel-border-outline' but its sometimes to destructive and I use one or more fresh layers ... and this border I have with the fresh layer.

edit: sory, this problem are with v099v.17
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:14 pm

I can't tell what is happening for you there, Zero!? :shrug:
It all depends on what you're doing, of course. My tip would be to be very aware of the amount of material you're using (buildup). It also depends on the mode you're using to paint with brush images.
On Creating clean stencils: Try to paint your brush image in "=" mode rather than ">" mode. This guaranties no unwanted elevations of paint.
On Using brush images: Check the mode for image brush transfer during painting with them. This is up in the top left corner interface the bottom left corner button that is unnamed. ON = use image material (replace what's on canvas), OFF = ignore image material (use as brush shape).

All this stuff is already quite a bit too complex to be offered without more explanation. I'm well aware of that. The GUI and labels will have to become far more obvious. :geek:

Anyhow, if you would like to, you could show and describe to me more clearly what you're doing and what seems to be the problem, based on a little image so I can more easily judge what's happening. :ugeek:

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:07 pm

hey, my dear taron, I did forget to say - that I did make some corrections of my brushes in photoshop - and I used in verve from a PNG. And I remember, that the PNG-import was not allways 100% fine. I'm sorry ;)

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:45 pm

AH, yes, that makes a tiny bit more sense. Could be that you had transparency, but somehow the background color of it was still messing with the edges.
Man, I so have to get proper 16bit png import going. And if I dare dream on, I'd like proper psd support, too, of course, but that's a massive can of worms. :shrug:

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:46 pm

PSD would be so cool :ob - but TIF(F) With layers would be also fine, or? I see also, that PNG Importing/Exporting makes loosing quality e.g. between photoshop and verve - even I use bicubic method (in PS under export for WEB) - its a very very small quality-lost max 1% less, but if I import/export between Photoshop and Verve - severel times, so you see it - the image is loosing the sharpness.

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Nah, the problem with png is that I still don't have 16bit import!
One day I'll figure all this out... ...though, unless I switch to C++, I may not hook up PSD.
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]