Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:13 am

Re: Hey there,...

Well, after a year of patiently waiting until I could afford a computer that will run Verve I now have one. Just wanted to add my two cents worth and thank you for the work you have put into this fantastic programme; your enthusiasm bubbles over into your programming (and video making!)!
I have used many traditional artist' mediums over the years and likewise a great many 2D and 3D digital programmes too. I still remember creating 3D rendered images using POVray; writing lines of code is an absolute world apart from the instant flourish of Verve! I now make 3D printed jewellery using Rhino and ZBrush mostly, but still pursue that artistic pull that has been inside me ever since I worked as a photographer in Covent Garden, London, in the late 70's (hence the username).
Even if not actually "creating" anything Verve is wonderful to "play" with and mentally lose oneself in swirling colour...

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:46 am

AH, I'm so happy you got the new computer now, that's GREAT! :ob ...I remember your post in my "Dev Diary", I think?!
THANK YOU so very much for telling me all this. Power food for my strength and pleasure to create all the coming versions of Verve. And Verve is really just breaking into a realm of possibilities. I keep experimenting and am utterly thrilled about finding even more sophisticated behaviors for all the elements involved, especially the fluid dynamics themselves, of course.

Even if you just experiment around, I'd be thrilled to see some of your "doodles", if you'd ever feel comfortable in sharing some. We all have our special styles that shows in the most random appearing color swirls. But the more pleasure we have with it, the more our subconscious and conscious choices reveal themselves. I deeply enjoy and appreciate to get a glimpse into the truth of everyone! c:!

Now I'd love to see some of your photography, too! :) ...photos can be fantastic inspiration! 8-)

Thanks again and congratulations on your new machine! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:10 am

I came across Verve on a Blender website about a year ago. The tab has been open in my browser since. Finally getting around to testing it out. So fun, hard to stop. I'm no painter, but I plan to improve using Verve. I work as a designer/developer. Most of my time is spent in Blender, Illustrator, and Webstorm. I plan to add Verve to my workflow soon. Its too fun not to use often. Thanks so much.

Capture.JPG
My first attempt
Capture.JPG (181.07 KiB) Viewed 14477 times
Win 7 Pro | 24gb | i7 | GTX Titan x 2

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:30 am

You just HAVE to post that in the "First doodle" thread! c:!
Great first go at it and you obviously have talent. Hit [h] to toggle on the HighQuality mode, though! That way you get much nicer highlights on the paint. ;)

And: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :beer:

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks. Very kind of you to say I have talent (that's debatable). I'll post it in the first doodle thread. I'll have to look at the docs before I try again. I want to keep playing with it, but I have to get some work done.
Win 7 Pro | 24gb | i7 | GTX Titan x 2

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 pm

What is [LAMB] ? :oops: Left Mouse Button but A ?
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:15 pm

It's short for [BABY SHEEP]!
Did I write Lamb somewhere? :?
:lol:

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Ah I see that was a Type missmatch promptly repaired! :mrgreen:

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:31 am

Hey there everyone! I found Verve via a Google search for "painting simulation fluid dynamics". Yes, I am an engineer, not an artist, I admit it. BTW, is there a sub-forum for technical questions?

I just finished building a PC that can run Verve and have just uploaded the program and drawna couple of lines. The interface has me a bit baffled, but I am in the process of reading the manual.

Taron, thank you very much for all your work!

xocd

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 am

BTW, is there a sub-forum for technical questions?

As Taron read now all posts, all sections can answer to a technical questions! ;)

Else community section seems the most appropriate! :geek:
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]