Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:39 am

Re: Hey there,...

ADF technology, they call that (Adaptive Distance Field, I think). It records a specific kind of vector, almost like a type of density in a field, replacing the concept of storing pixels, which breaks the rigidity of dealing with fixed pixel arrays as you have them with a normal image. That's why it has infinite canvas. But it also comes with certain limitations therefore. Something like Verve couldn't work that way, or would require a very different concept. Neat, though. Not a conversation for this thread, though. ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:11 am

Just wanted to drop in to say hi! I saw Verve Demo 01 and I was fascinated. Taron, what you have created is quite amazing and your demos are inspirational.

A little bit about me - I am 34, from Scotland and aside from some doodling, I am no artist. I have just got my hands on a Wacom Intuos Pro and I'm slowly getting to grips with Verve. Really slowly, mind you!

If you have any advice on how to learn some basics of painting/digital art, I am all ears :)

Well, back to swooshing some paint around!
ATI Radeon HD6950 / Windows 7 / Intel i7 920 / 12Gb DDR3

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:56 am

Hey prolix, why do I always see the "Hey there..." section last, haha?! :? :roll:
Again: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :beer:

So, there are a number of great links and suggestions in the inspirations thread that could give you a bit of a head start. But Verve is really a rather novel way of approaching digital art, which is why many of the "ordinary" paint application tutorials don't quite apply.
Once you know that Verve runs properly on your machine, you can start to explore the various features it provides. Have a close look at my little demo videos and see, if you can recreate some of the interface operations I'm showing. BUT most certainly have a close look at the info thread!
The toughest thing about learning any application is to know what you want from it, if you don't yet have a clear goal. Good news are that Verve and its fluids can be a very abstract entertainment all by themselves, so you can have quite some fun with it, just experimenting with colors and movement with some rather fascinating results.

I keep suggesting that for the forum here, but see if you can add your graphics card and rough specs into your "signature", so I can always see what we're dealing with, in case you have any troubles with Verve! :geek:

Thanks for joining, really, and I hope we get to nurture your artistic powers into the light! :D

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Many thanks for the warm welcome (both of them!) and for the advice!
ATI Radeon HD6950 / Windows 7 / Intel i7 920 / 12Gb DDR3

Post Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:32 am

Hey there.

My name is John (or Johnny). I'm an artist from Vancouver, Canada. I went to school for Visual FX and am somewhat familiar with particle and fluid simulation, though I am mostly a character animator. I spent a lot of time with traditional media, which is where my first artistic love is.

I was blown away when I saw Verve in action the first time. I enjoy using it a lot, but it's not quite at a place I can use in production, so I don't get to play around and use it much.

And thanks for having me here.

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:13 am

Welcome to the forum, Johnny, and Merry Christmas! ;)
Verve is a free tool, as you may have noticed. I'm thrilled about seeing it used in production, but I'm not that thrilled about complaints, if someone isn't able to make use of it in production. It only reminds me to consider making a "production ready" version for a price that may justify "customer complaints". :geek: :lol:

Other than that, I'm really happy, if you get to have some fun with it, exploring possibilities it enables along the way of its evolution. :)

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to complain about Verve. What I meant was it's not a production tool for what I do. like real oil or water paints. Really good in it's way, but it takes time to make something meaningful. The time I don't have much of with production schedules. But sometimes I get to work it in for things that need a painterly look. I'm really grateful for it's existence and the work you put into it, and I look forward to seeing it evolve.

And a Merry Christmas to you!

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Hy there everyone.

I stumbled on this awesome piece of software today and so far I'm having a great deal of fun with it.
As for introductions; I'm a PhD student in medicine but digital art is a long time hobby/passion. I've been jumping between software a lot but my go to programs right now are Manga studio, Zbrush and Blender.

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi Nalim and welcome to the forum! I'd imagine that you should have a real good grasp of human anatomy, hehe! 8-) ...but I'm looking forward to anything you enjoy exploring with Verve! c:!

Post Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:16 am

Hi Folks,
I seen Verve on reddit and thought wow that's awesome and I've have been lurking ever since, checking out the user galleries is always great, some superb artwork by users.
I'm not much of a artist myself, hopefully some day I can draw a egg instead of a potato.
Huge thanks to Taron for creating this awesome program.
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]