Brush Settings & Configurations

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: Brush Settings & Configurations

* That's all about digital paint in verv.
For me this is a unique experience and the paint is laid down as if alive
Thanks to the texture underneath which inhibits the paint

System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:33 pm

pudjakjuzto wrote:@Nep
* About the technique
The brush 0 has something very mysterious in it
This is alpha in png brush, which works differently
Hm ... on some settings instead of smudging behaves like an eraser
Or pulls the color from underneath

@Neph look at here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B35e_NzDjSDBcks4SkxialQ2b2s

Very nice effect! thank you pudjak, I'll make some tests with a combination of alphas :)

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:39 pm

Taron wrote:I will make it an option, but it really, really is a "bug", haha. You'll never get proper edges that way and it's literally a false clip. I liked it, too, though. Just felt awkward to keep it the way it was. I'll work out something later on for sure!

To make it an option it would be great Taron! than you! It's a fantastic "bug" :)

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Alright, a new version is up! This one acts (or should act) like it used to for you guys. For all those, who want proper negative specular highlights, turn diffusion negative, too! ;)
:beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Taron wrote:Alright, a new version is up! This one acts (or should act) like it used to for you guys. For all those, who want proper negative specular highlights, turn diffusion negative, too! ;)
:beer:

Thank you Taron! :ob I've been testing some brushes with negative diffusion and the effect is great! :bounce:

BTW, just a little bug I forgot to mention, it seems that the priority of focus is reversed; when the icons of the brushes are behind the main controls (color selector, etc) and you click on a control, the brush receives the click event instead of the main control.

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:21 pm

AH, GREAT! :ob
And thanks for the report, yeah, you can kind of tell that this GUI part is highly improvised as I was in the middle of changing the entire GUI system. Things can be a little messy until I make the complete transfer to the new system. :oops:

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:19 am

Hi guys! I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask but
is there any way to bind a particular brush settings to a keyboard key?
For instance, let's say if I press "1" I get a brush with red color, 50% fluidity, size 45,
and if I press "2" I get a brush with green color, 25% fluidity, size 15 etc?
Is it possible to bind all tweaks I made to a particular key, that's what I mean?
The second question is there a way to change a default canvas resolution to 1920x1080 so every time I run the program I get a FullHD canvas?

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:52 am

This belongs more in the "SUGGESTIONS", which is where I might move this, BUT that's all part of my future customization plans! 8)
Especially the brush system. Similar to what I want to do to overall settings saving, I could introduce a kind of checkbox system, where you can decide what parameters get stored with a brush setting. This way you could potentially also store color and size, but currently I would not recommend saving fluidity with it as well. I have another plan for the heart of Verve, which would make sense of saving fluidity, but currently it would likely create havoc during painting. If you suddenly change the fluidity without being fully aware of the consequences, you could get very unwanted effects, possibly disturbing or even destroying what you were just painting as suddenly the whole canvas is under water or the likes. :o ...I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone!
However, hmmm...who am I to dictate what you can or can't do with actually existing possibilities!? Maybe I will make it possible... :ugeek:

Anyway, this will go into "Suggestions" in a moment, so don't be alarmed. I will keep your great request! :ob

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks a lot for a quick reply Taron. You've made such a cool piece of software I should say. I'm really amazed by it!
I cannot find a suggestion section viewforum.php?f=6 Or did you mean a new thread?
Talking about suggestions. It would be cool to imitate some Ebru Art mechanics.
Like for instance when you place a dot you get ripples that spread out. It would be nice to have some radius setting for such ripples.
You can see an example of such ripples here.

Edit: I don't know if it's difficult to do or too much to ask, but it would be great to move all the interface to the second monitor and to have a clear canvas on the main one. It's good for time-lapse videos, twitch-streaming etc. I know it's possible to toggle interface visibility with TAB, but it's not quite the same.

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Puds little tattoo shop

Referring to puts request in suggestions:
http://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18508#p18508

...I made a preset.
In the zip file attached you'll find a project and brush images.

-load project into verve.
-crop canvas bigger (it's a must before loading brush images, otherwise verve will crash)
-load brush image
-If you try it with a mouse, uncheck Size "w" (unless you won't see anything probably)

-Play with Bristles to make it more or less dense.
-Play with animation settings to choose one special point or playback animation for some random.
-Play with OSC. chaos to let the points spread
-Choose High Speed to get even more points per stroke
-Uncheck col and choose your own color.
-Put "build up" high to make it more opaque.
-Put fluids a lttle bit up to see things happening, one have never seen before in a painting app :D

This can be anything, from tattoo simulation to particle creation and fairy dust (with OSC. Chaos and brush mode on +)

Have fun :D

Particles.jpg
Particles.jpg (126.34 KiB) Viewed 12990 times

Tattoo_Test-Eye.jpg
Tattoo_Test-Eye.jpg (45.38 KiB) Viewed 12982 times
Attachments
Puds-Tattoo-shop_web.zip
(43.85 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]