Brush Settings & Configurations

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sun May 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Re: Brush Settings & Configurations

In this case, it is a mistake to load the .vrs file at the very beginning of the painting
It's just that, I think
Almost always works like that
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Site Admin

Post Sun May 07, 2017 5:25 pm

AH, see, now this was an important information! I will be able to track down the issue now. THANKS! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm

OK, try downloading again! It should be fixed now, pud! :ugeek:

Post Sun May 07, 2017 5:45 pm

happens every minute,
Verve doesn't crash and I keep painting
I work with 4 or 5 settings, (yes I have to manually tweak all knobs everytime I want to switch between settings, cuz importing *.vrs makes Verve fluids act awkward.)
but I've notice that the RGBS bug happens more when settings are like this
FLUID: 1-5 (between 1 and 5)
SMUDGE: 0-120
SHARPNESS: 75-100
BUILD: 1-5

If I try to slightly tweak R or B or G or S knob it will trigger the bug, Verve doesn't crash, just the color jump happens, it's like a color warp drive :mrgreen:
I never import *vrs due to the reason explained lines above.
hope this feedback helps
Thanks advanced.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Sun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Let me guess: You paint with this little build-up on a textured canvas, with different colors and then try to pick a color, which would already have the color wheel flip between many of the the colors that are already on the canvas? Is that what is happening? Because that would not be a bug. Zoom in VERY CLOSE as you pick colors and see what you are picking! This is tricky stuff and not really my- or Verve's- fault.
If it's something else, try recording a video, maybe?!

Post Sun May 07, 2017 5:59 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:
please Taron, pleasee look at this at 01:33 the hole number 2 mistake, please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1xP-e-y2Ns
it's a common practice in painting in general, "shift the hue when shading" objects
I do it by turning the Red Knob in orther to slighlty make and orange look more Red, while reducing the brightness,
in order to paint the orangefruit shadows, also I usually increase the Saturiation a bit.
try to do that on Verve, you will get the :!: COLOR WARP DRIVE JUMP :!: . yes by now I can almost hear the Star Trek song whenever it happens. c:!

btw this is also why the Brightness Dial is insanely needed, to me at least.
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Sun May 07, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Sun May 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Taron wrote:OK, try downloading again! It should be fixed now, pud! :ugeek:

Now it works and it overturns "color theory" ;) ( alpha color and two-tone switcher ) c:!
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Site Admin

Post Sun May 07, 2017 7:10 pm

GREAT! :ob

Site Admin

Post Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Eduardo, this is such an ignorant video, it makes me cringe! :roll:
...it's for children or total beginners, who are not offered a proper understanding about what they're "supposed" to do.
FIrst of, I've been using tablets for literally 30 years..eh..29 to be exact, and I know by heart that you have to find your own preference. I've had it in front of me in the first year, because it was on a "Paintbox", as this special computer setup was called. Nice, but not really pleasant to me. Right after that I could afford to buy my first tablet and had it next to my keyboard ever since, though it is nearly parallel to the monitor, you simply have to calibrate yourself. This way, however, I have left and right hand fully functional, allowing me to use the keyboard fluently and freely, while having my painting hand freely moving next to me. I would always suggest that people find out what feels best for them and give each concept a fair chance to establish proper feedback.

Then, the reason for why one may switch hues, is because of substance and lighting circumstances. Unless you're in a black box with a white light on a totally non-translucent material, you will always have a variety of bounce light sources that will alter the hue of your object.
In Verve and in real life painting, I suggest to be very aware of the environment in which your subject/object is placed as well as what material it is made of and, of course, the light source itself. Hardly any light is ever pure white, if there is such a thing "on earth".
What I do, if I seriously paint, I actually consider a base tone for my object- or the basic colors of it- and then I consider the most relevant color from the environment (blue sky, for example, or main room color and so on). I then would turn down the brightness of my base tone, paint a section and then pick the color of my environment and dip it into it, smudge a bit and then pick that color to go on. Or what ever feels like the best technique of application for the particular situation.
When an object folds in on itself, such as between fingers, for example, or any folds for that matter, you have to understand that the bounce light will saturate the specific color, like turn it more towards the base tone and stronger as it goes dark, simply because brighter parts of it still bounce now colored light onto the darker side and so on...
The other reason could be translucency as well, when light that hits the surface of an object gets dispersed under the surface (skin for example, or fruit, etc...), which then is already filtered by the color of the skin and other tissue, effectively saturating or intensifying the color as it goes into shadow and more of that subsurface light is seen than any light on the surface itself.
Thus, it's not that you'd randomly change hue to create an effect, that would be silly. You should know what and why as you are doing it. It gives you greater control and it will allow you to purposely abandon it, if you wish to.
Most of all, this kind of understanding liberates you from these nonsense demands on control, as you yourself have no control in your mind about what you're doing. The moment you begin to mimic some bogus you've been told, because you can't truly rationalize why, you'll be lost, if you're not given the exact same kind of tools as your puppeteer was employing.

Relax, think, feel, explore!

To be honest, I've stopped after that and didn't even get to 3 in this unpleasantly ignorant clip. If there's a hidden gem in there, I apologize, but those first two points are so radically wrong and arrogant, it was impossible for me to continue.

Post Sun May 07, 2017 7:43 pm

thx Taron
viola :ob
it really took a couple of versions to kill that bug xD
great Taron,
now I only will dream about having a Brightness Dial :mrgreen:
thx again.
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]