Saving brushes

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:16 pm

Saving brushes

It's not clear tome if and how one can save brush set up (i.e. size, blending, build up as well as associated fluidity - ok I realize that is more the paint than the brush)... Likewise, is it possible to add brushes.
Thank you,
Xavier
great program, lot of fun!

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: Saving brushes

Hey Xavier, all the file management is still evolving, but you can save brushes by choosing the proper extension in your [s] (or rather [shift]+[s]) file selector.
This saves the images as well as the brush settings. Also when you save a project or save settings, it should save those things just fine.
But I will work this whole stuff out differently later on, possibly with checkboxes or the like, registering what you want to save.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 pm

I appreciate the answer. I am not an artist except maybe at heart and Verve is definitely a great tool to try to express oneself for dabblers like me. It is also obviously a great tool for real artists as shown on the forum!
BTW, Happy New Year to yo and all the forumers...

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am

Oh, hehe, thanks, happy new year to you, too! :beer:
...painting- and art for that matter- are ways to encounter a reflection of different aspects of yourself. Things that a passive mirror cannot show you. If you allow yourself to, you can visualize your own understanding, emotions and ideas and capture them, giving you more time to explore them and learn about your current, inner state. This could at first look rather silly or erratic, but gradually you will develop a kind of vocabulary that reveals more and more about you to yourself. The trick is not to paint for the sake of the picture, but for your own! c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]