Antivirus (Webroot) response

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Antivirus (Webroot) response

Hi Taron, I contacted Webroot today to report a false positive. They responded that the Verve Painter app (v0.99v.16) has been legitimately flagged due to memory access violations. Thought you might want to know.

The app appears to run fine on my Alienware M17x M3 (AMD Radeon HD 6970M), except it sometimes will quit without warning. I suppose I will need to save frequently as I get more into your fantastic app.

Keep up the great work -

Jerry

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: Antivirus (Webroot) response

Thanks, Jerry, but...HAHAHA...man they're weird. I bet they ran it on some server machine without any proper openGL or the likes and of course it would crash then. That doesn't make it a freaking virus, does it? I can't understand these self-important virus mafiosi. Outrageous pack.

Anyway, Verve is pushing some limits of our GL would be used ordinarily, which does make it a challenge for some cards. In my signature you can see that I"m on Nvidia, which I really love for a number of reasons. I do test on Intel HD4000, too, which helps with compatibility for AMD as well, but without an AMD directly I can't quite debug what could cause trouble. Unpleasant for me is only to talk about the reason why I don't have one, but hopefully some day I will get to hooking up a Donate button to put all of those troubles aside! :shrug: ...I can't wait to also start with linux and mac versions. I just hope that the precious button will make that viable.

AGAIN, though, THANKS for letting me know and welcome to the forum...even if I may welcome you a second time by accident, but I don't think that hurts, I hope! :beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]