Somebody reported my site as "unwanted"?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:54 am

Re: Somebody reported my site as "unwanted"?

Normally Firefox is the best as independant one! ;)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:23 am

Yeah, I wouldn't blame firefox itself, but rather google and all the "protectionism" that has nothing to do with protection. I mean, if they were to really properly identify malware, I would find it wonderful, but even then, isn't there already all kinds of download restriction stuff that prevents people from downloading certain files. Why go as far as blocking an entire forum, because they're "not sure" about one link?! :PP

Anyway, since everything is alright again for the moment, we could blissfully ignore the new heights of madness. :P

Thanks for standing by me, everyone! :beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Yo Taron.

I did some lookin' on Mozilla's forums, and got some help from a certain FredMcD. Turns out that Firefox uses Google's Safebrowsing Database to flag malicious sites. I'd imagine someone downloaded Verve, got a warning from their antivirus, and decided to report the page.

Anyway, you can go to Google here
https://developers.google.com/webmasters/hacked/docs/request_review
and tell them that everything's ship-shape in this institution. They want you to double-check your website's integrity first, just in case it was really compromised by a hacker while you weren't looking. However, through that form, you should be able to explain to them that clicking a download link doesn't "Install unwanted or malicious software on visitors’ computers." Hope this helps.

Regards,
A guy.

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Thanks, Soul! I've done that before already. I took down the download, accepted email requests, but then when the coast cleared I decided to put the download back up...lasted only a few days and all went red again. I can't beat this unless I somehow learn about which hoop I shall have to jump through and how. It's quite easy to get paranoid over it, too, you know.
I'm not resigning, but in the meantime I must accept that we live in this oppressive nightmare that makes no sense to the sound mind. :shrug:

Thanks, anyway, of course! I will continue to hope for finding a lasting solution! :ob

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:44 am

Another idea or possible route to investigate would be getting an SSL certificate. They are only like $5-$10 a year and judging by some comments I've seen on the forum here seems like plenty of people would be willing to donate that.

That way the site won't show as "not secure" and I've read that Google (hence chrome) is putting a lot of stock behind sites that have SSL certificates. It may help with the warnings.

I found from other forums talking about your software that using the Opera web browser to download it works like a charm, which I can confirm. As Chrome blocked the file ( and more than once along the download process).

From my investigations, it doesn't seem to be malware; and although I've only tried the software a few minutes to confirm it works, I would like to help out clearing away the scary warnings so more people can appreciate the creative beauty of it.

(Besides, even if it is/were a virus... It's the most interesting, neat way to deliver a virus I've ever seen. Spending hours/days/weeks/months creating a unique software, and spending time updating it and creating a community around it here in the forums etc.. , it almost would deserve my CC info for the effort :p )

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 am

HAHAHAHA! Thanks, Ickorus! That would be funny and worthy of praise, but it really is just a painter. :shrug: :lol:
Hmmm, yes, that sounds interesting! Maybe once I hook up an official donate button for Verve, I could have a look at that SSL deal. That's a great idea! Yet, look at the freaking mafia system again. I mean, how ruthlessly idiotic is that. I mean, somebody, who somehow expects profit from his malware might very well be ready to pay $10 a year. Little hint: I'm sure all the virus killer vendors out there have already paid their SSL fee! ;)

But, you are probably right. It's no use to fight against the mafia, especially when my original intention has been to just give everyone my labor of love as a gift. It's so sad that we can't even stand up against the madness of our society in a virtual environment. :( ...ah well.
Anyway, great call! Thanks, again! :ob
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]