Brush Preview not showing up?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Brush Preview not showing up?

Hello!
I'm new to Verve, but I'll introduce myself somewhere else! :D

The problem I'm having is with the brush preview (the circle where you can also adjust the Bias). Brushes 7 and 8 both show up fine, but all the other brushes have no image preview. I've seen in some of your video previews, Taron (if you're reading this!), that your brush previews show up just fine.

I don't know whether this is an error with the latest update, or the systems I use. I've tried on my Cintiq Companion which runs windows 10, and on my PC which runs Windows 7. :shrug:

Hope I'm not just missing something obvious, and wasting your time! :oops:

Anyway, I would appreciate anyone's help! :)

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Re: Brush Preview not showing up?

Hi Celeste and welcome to the forum! :)
Yeah, it's not an "error", but something I had to temporarily change, because it caused trouble the way I've had it. I will reintroduce it in some of the coming updates! It may look a bit more technical then, too, which should get more informative.
In the meantime, I hope, it won't hold you back from exploring what Verve can do for you. AND I'm already curious to see your first doodle, should you wish to share it here. I'd be very happy! c:!

Again, welcome! :beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Thank you, Taron! I'm really excited to be here :D

I see! I look forward to the future updates then!

It certainly won't hold me back! I'm working on my first doodle at the moment! c:!

As I mentioned, I've been watching the videos you've made, and have also looked through yours and others' galleries on here (which look amazing!). I've also read the manual for hot keys and information!

I was wondering though, are there any more tutorials on using Verve? It's all still a little confusing to me! :?

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm

:oops: YES, I'm so sorry, I have been literally ashamed about the state of the GUI, which is why I didn't do new videos, yet. But I'll clean things up and then I promise!!! :)
Can't wait for your first doodle, but I'm already happy you've joined!

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:23 am

I do really love the LOOK of the GUI though! It almost looks like a sort of space/ sci-fi layout and colours. Much more interesting than the typical art program! (another reason why I prefer Verve!) :ob

I'll post up my first doodle soon, though it's not very spectacular! Just playing around with brushes and modes, etc. c:! :lol:

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:39 am

That's such a pleasure for me to read, thank you very much! My main motive behind the design is a kind of neutral integration that represents the technical access, but doesn't feel it's getting in the way of the mood. But it sure is a matter of taste and I'm always happy when someone likes it, too. :beer: :)

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:31 pm

For playing with brushes and to learn their interactions it is very helpful to have a brush preview.
I just searched in older versions and found 0.99v6 to make it pretty nicely.
Change bias by click&drag directly on the brush preview.
You never gonna get it, or just with a long and tedious try&error session how this works, as it also works for every brush a bit different.

I would love to send it, but Kaspersky had eaten it before I could have zipped it.
I think our member pudjakjuzto2 had uploaded a lot of older verve version, but couldn't find his thread.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:58 pm

System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]