Feedback v0.99v.30

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 am

Re: Feedback v0.99v.30

I wouldn't spent too much time on the actual version anymore. Better to make the transition as fast as possible.
Then I would do the redesign of UI.
After, I would add standard features.
When everything is together and working I would go for bug fixing and details

Otherwise one is generating more and more double work. ;)
Just my opinion.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 pm

I could not possibly agree more, Knacki!
More so, it's almost like stalling, too, when I continue to work on this one. However, I'm currently realizing that there are a few experiments still worth making here in regards to GUI logic. With the LayerFX, I've started a more fluent GUI logic, which is also a bit spooky, because things virtually "just happen". I have started this peculiar class hierarchy, where you could create a parent gadget, like the main frame of a GUI segment, and then you add children to it, such as buttons, sliders and even custom displays with specific identifiers, including a continued heritage, allowing you to add grandchildren, so to say. All you need to do is think up what you need, write it down and VOILA, it all appears and works under all circumstances just beautifully. It is spooky as heck. Trouble is, the custom stuff is still a bit open and I want to come up with a solid system to connect it to custom subjects without having to make more specifications to the GUI classes. Possibly more linkage stuff.
As long as I do not have to struggle against any program technical matters, I'm almost more comfortable playing around with this inside the existing code. Once I'm done, I will simply have gained the understanding and can port that easily to C++, too.
But, yeah, so I"m working on the "LEVELS" GUI, have added something surprisingly complicated Histogram for Material Amount as well. But that's so very cool! So now you have Luminance, R, G, B and Material. Now I have to work out how best to technically pull of my idea of adjusting those, because it would be VERY cool. It currently automatically places handles the extremes of each histogram, unlike Photoshop, which simply puts them at 0%, 50% and 100%. So in my case you would actually move the extremes to where you want them to be, but then you have 3 handles between them. One is the midpoint, while the other 2 around it are like Bezier handles. When you move the mid, the handles will remain at their current percentage between mid and extreme, creating a hidden curve. You see what I mean? I can't wait to finish this up. I think it will be way cool! 8-)

And, Stavros: :beer: :lol:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm

I am missing the knowledge of programming code.
I was sure you have your reason to do what you do.
In my world, it's mostly faster to sketch, plan, throw in, and refine refine refine.
But I love to do it decent, step by step. But there is always the danger to get lost.
Specially when something stop to work fluently - then it's getting tough to keep up interest ;)

Auto peak Bezier sounds pretty interesting.
You have already so many innovative ideas in verve...any chance to protect by patent?

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:03 pm

You know, I'm almost certain I could take out a bunch of patents, haha, but this bureaucracy does still bother (or even scare) me. The whole concept of patents went against my grain, because it's so ugly, somehow.... but then, it is the world we live in at this point. Let's not drift into that topic again, though.. :hihi: :o ...
Ahm, hmm, when things hang a bit, because something doesn't seem to make sense, it can be exhausting, but it's not so much that I would lose interest. It's that I need to feel like I have the energy to keep up the focus. That is always the scariest- or most uncomfortable- feeling, when you just can't keep your head in the game, so to say. It's like some super thick sauce fills up your brains to the point where it feels like you can't move it anymore, while at the same time the back of your head threatens to melt and your ass is somehow preparing for lift-off. In that state I choose to do something else for sure! :?

The "auto peak" is more like a "maintain peak" routine, allowing you to adjust it, but not lose the curvature or bias. I love these magical things! :D

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 pm

And increase the size of buttons for old eyes ?
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Ah, sorry, Pilou, not yet. This is the kind of stuff I really don't want to have to do right now. :shrug: :geek:

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 pm

@Pilou

use Win key and + key

Under properties choose 50% for steps or less.
uncheck something like "follow mouse cursor"

It's extra build in for "old eyes" and working with verve too ;)

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 am

I will try this cool tricky magnifying glass ! :ob
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi taron,

thanks for:
- Fixed Image Brush capture frame handles not to have paint accidents!

:beer:
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]