Upcoming version....

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Re: Upcoming version....

Download again, please! :ugeek:
...what a weird one, really, haha...I don't know what on earth exactly was happening there. Some things make me really doubt myself. :shrug: :PP
Anyway, it should be fixed now.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Wow its great - :shock: - it really reduce the necessity for exporting to Photoshop and change the values and colors :o - its like Photoshop "Color Balance" and Photoshop "Levels" in one tool - even also cool effects over Material-Dial and great too - the Desaturate-Dial is back :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: - A kind of BLEND IF in Verve would be cool too. If you want - I wrote this wish in the Suggestions Thread :beer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zpkI-_BaG8?t=121
Last edited by Zeropainter on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 pm

BLEND IF?
Actually, it's also a bit like Curves, too, because of the two handles around the center.
ALSO, not sure, if you have realized this already, but AUTO reacts differently, if you are on Luminance or on any of the color channels! If you are on Luminance, it stretches only the Luminance histogram to the maximum. If you are on any color channel, it stretches all color channels to the maximum. It's not advisable to do both, but you can always try, hehehe. Currently AUTO does nothing to Material channel. But that channel still needs more work anyway.
Though I have already allowed working with levels above 1.0 (glowing), it only goes up to 8.0. Any luminance beyond 8 will cause trouble...but I will address that eventually, too. It's really tricky stuff!

Anyway, THANKS, Zero, I'm happy you like it! By the way, it also works with masks! ;)

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Could you open this youtube video, dear traon? I dont know why I cant place sometimes the youtube-sandbox. So you see just the URL and a short explanation about blend if in youtube :)

I made now quick-study from a drawthis.com photo, the new ctrl+l panel works great for skincolorcorrection too ;) :rock: thnx so much!!!!
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:45 pm

OOoohh, you mean "selective color". Like you want to select a certain color and only change that with some tolerance. Hm, yeah, I could do that! :ugeek:
I'll have a look!

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:31 pm

:beer: - sounds very good - damn I dont know why Matt kohr is calling it "blend if" - he is one of my favorite Teaching-Artist too (ok, yes he uses mostly photoshop, because its sad - but photoshop is the standard in paintings in gaming industries and so on).

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 pm

I almost have it and it is very, very cool! You can just pick a color and use the replace dial to say how much you want to isolate only that color. All your level adjustments then only affect this color with your dialed up tolerance. During that you can just alter that color, or pick another, updating the mask in realtime. It feels pretty incredible. I just have to fine tune my routine a bit. I may have another dial for "sharpness", so to say. But, yeah... GREAT, GREAT CALL, Zero! :ob :beer:

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:26 pm

OK, download again!
I've added a "REPLACE" button, which will appear in the color you have currently chosen. Dial it up and it will gradually isolate this color as mask for the changes! It's only a first attempt at it and it works based on distance to other colors. Later on it may be prudent to have choices such as HUE based or Brightness based and so on. The other thing I could imagine to be fun is to use the material height as mask. But that's to come...

Fun, fun, fun stuff! Zero, you rock! :rock:

Crazy stuff you can do: Have an image with like a gradient in the sky, for example. Then Dial up Replace to a high amount, make a wicked level change, like squeeze red to the top, for example. And then Hold Alt to fluently pick color across the sky. It's like some old school animation of sorts, hehehehe.... super fun and almost spooky! :D

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm

I will try - you are great dear Taron.

By the way - the "dirt color" with the AVERAGE (CTRL & SHIFT) I get if I have layer/area which has alphas too, e.g. a fresh new layer (maybe also a fresh new painting) and only a bit color/color-material. :roll: if the area didnt have alpha => no or very seldom dirt accidents. Maybe I didn't took care about it - but in my last paintings I love to use avarage for blending - very good control if you have opacity turned on, even with hard round brushes - a lot people say - that hard round brush is one of the best standard brush - for 90% of your drawing/painting.

Edit: maybe the dirt accidents also only with brush #6? But I see also - not everytime ... :roll:

Upps. there is now someth. buggy, after the replace testing - that did clear my layer - allways after testing replace. And sometimes the graphs of the RGB/VALUE Curves are out of the box

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 pm

Huh Huh Hue Shift..guzentight

Replace functions is AWSOME!@#$%^&*(
Its freaking live....you can paint and swirl and dance and its still doing its thing in realtime
Wow!
Now can ya throw a hue shift dial in there before ya go to bed Taron
I know
I know
ungrateful bastards
lol
Thaaaaaaanks T
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium