Plus painting mode

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Plus painting mode

Hi Taron
I love the plus painting mode. Just a suggestion it's is a little strong . Sometimes it just paints solid white. I was wondering if it's possible to tone it down a little, for a more subtle effect.

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Plus painting mode

Yes: Pick a dark color!
The point is that it's literally additive! That means, if you have a color on the canvas at 70% brightness and you pick a color of 30% brightness, it would immediately add to 100%, while there's no limit as to how far above 100% you can go. In my "Color Correction" feature I have tried to support up to 400%, I think...maybe 700%, I forgot. So, you can also dial things back down that way afterwards.

Anyway, handle with care and it will be your best friend. I could, though, consider some way to reinterpret the "opacity", if you're in that mode. This way I could actually convert your current opacity into color brightness, thereby letting you see the color you work with more clearly without letting the paint freakout, hehehe.

In the meantime, just remember that it's simply additive and therefore very brutal in nature. Since it also accumulates immediately, things get bright very quickly.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Plus painting mode

Thanks for the tip about starting with a dark color of coarse that makes sense c:! What is the color correction feature I am not aware of it :shrug:
"This way I could actually convert your current opacity into color brightness" I don't quite understand this but it sounds cool. Is it like my suggestion on the color hue dancer going from a light to dark hue of the same color?

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]