Everyone, what Graphics Card are you using?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:32 pm

Re: Everyone, what Graphics Card are you using?

Hi Taron I just tried verve on my new Vaio Z Canvas (16gb RAM, 512gb hard drive version) and with the Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 graphics card verve looks great and runs well! I haven't tried huge brushes yet but with medium there can be a tiny bit of lag not while painting but moving the pen across the display. The only real problems I've run into so far are windows defender needing to see verve as an exception to allow it to stay on the pc, and the fact that the only file type you can save as is .png with .vrs and .vrv not being given as options. So I can't save settings or project files :? . Hopefully you can figure out a way to allow them to work and I'll do more testing with big brushes a little later, just wanted to make this quick update. :ob

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:00 am

Ah, that's cool and that's weird!?
Why would you not be able to save .vrv? It's virtually impossible that you couldn't. I can't tell you why it wouldn't show as an option, but I can promise you, if you typed it yourself, it would work just fine.
Just so you understand: Verve will look at the filename you've written and check the extension. Does the "All Files" option show up in the pulldown of your file requester? Why would the filters not work for a vaio? Anyhow, you may have to pick "All Files", but then If you write picture.vrv, it will see the ".vrv" and chooses the saving routine for a project. If you write "picture.jpg" it will save a jpg image. If you write "picture.png", it will save a png image. However, only if you wanted to save special components, you'd have to use a different key combination. Just check with the docs.

But you, if you hit [s] or {shift]+[s], you can simply determine what you want to save, by writing you choice of extension directly in the name yourself.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:38 am

You are absolutely right I had to select "all files" and type the extension myself. So now I can verve on the go! Woohoo!!!

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:35 am

Such a pity that all these tablets have to come with an Intel gfx card, though. The vaio is getting mixed reviews, too, for sure, but everybody acknowledges its computing power. Major complains are size and weight, making it too heavy for a traditional tablet. I think, those reviewers haven't gotten their hands on a Wacom Cintiq Companion, hahahaha. Not sure about the 2nd generation of them, but I, unfortunately, have a first generation model, and it is heavy as heck with a terrible Intel card.

Anyway, if you're happy, that's awesome! I'd love to see how Verve performs on it for sure. 8)

Post Tue May 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Re: Nvidia 1070/1080 feedback

ok so... Nvidia !070/1080 been out for a while now....can someone provide some feedback on well verve works on these cards pleeeeeeaase and thanks...especially as pertains to canvas size. A video if possible would be oh so appreciated! Im looking in particular at the laptop versions which are apparently almost on par with the desktop version. Amazing!
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Thu May 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi Stavros nice artwork, look for 10k in this post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2458&start=110
amazing isn't it?
good luck pal.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Fri May 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Oh, Stavros, I didn't even realize you were asking, but I just recently said with a friend over Skype, him showing me Verve perform on the 1080...freaking nuts. Well past 10k it would still work just fine, but at around 10k the fluids were most certainly still running at max fps (60). So...that's pretty nuts and wonderful!

Post Fri May 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi Taron,
I read in an old post, that you did a Verve version that worked well on a cintiq compation v1, Verve_cintiq was called,
right now I'm dealing with a 2k x 2k painting that can't be enlarged anymore due to my graphic card limits,
I was wondering if that Verve_cintiq version could allow me to enlarge the canzas to 2.5kx3k with my current graphic card,
if it is so, could you please make it available again?
PD: currently I'm only using two layers.
thanks advanced.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Fri May 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Oh no, this is ages ago and long obsolete and wouldn't have helped you at all! Sorry about that.
But have you tried the latest upload for the BRUSH SIZE keys?! ;)

Post Tue May 09, 2017 11:09 am

Re: Nvidia 1070/1080 feedback

Stavros wrote:ok so... Nvidia !070/1080 been out for a while now....can someone provide some feedback on well verve works on these cards pleeeeeeaase and thanks...especially as pertains to canvas size. A video if possible would be oh so appreciated! Im looking in particular at the laptop versions which are apparently almost on par with the desktop version. Amazing!

I hid into the box 1080 and put back 1060
I think it is not worth taking 1080
Two months and ears hurt, 1200RPM it is too much for me :evil:
Hot in the room is doing :twisted:
1060 is just a culture of work, it's beautiful :bow:
We will see in a few days c:!
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]