Ante-virus warning

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:42 am

Re: Ante-virus warning

I have seen that on a forum! There is now a name!
The Verve version from last week was ok,but from version L on my
Anti virus app kills it,because it's infected with Gen:Variant.Kazy.359770
and I don't use Kaspersky but BitDefender.
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:55 am

I would not be surprised!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Yeah, bitdefender is freaking out about it on my computer too: Gen:Variant.Graftor.137505

I think this is a pretty important thing to fix - sure, YOU know you're trustworthy, but new users discovering the program don't. I just discovered the program, and want to download it, but Kapersky and Bitdefender saying "page not safe" and such makes me uncomfortable.

If you don't want to get spammed, you could create a temp email address, or maybe ask for help elsewhere on some place like stackoverflow or something?

Or perhaps you do have a virus, it says Gen:Variant.Graftor so maybe it's grafting itself onto the exe you're generating without you knowing? The stuff can be hard to get rid of - but then again, maybe it is just a false positive that has to be reported to the antivirus companies. I recently ran 3 different anti-malware programs and it STILL didn't get rid of a graftor warning on my PC. I don't know if it's even real.

If that's the case, I don't understand - why don't you want to report it to them? The upside is av software not scaring off users - what's the downside?

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Report a "False Positive" to them so they run it through their labs rather than lying in your face about what this is supposed to be. It's not a virus, there's no virus in or attached to it, throw some vitamin C while your at it and focus on having some creative fun, like I do! ;)
I have no idea what everyone keeps exposing themselves to to be so afraid. But since the forum started to pick up I'm getting hammered with Spam Emails, that's for sure. :evil:

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 pm

only 7 out of 22 scanners thought it was some virus... 3 different kinds actually, which should say enough about it! So... it's stupid - period. I keep releasing updates frequently and it would be ridiculous for me to go through a "false positive" mass report everytime. Guys, please, this is a free freaking software, I'm not asking for anything, please, be so kind and help out a little bit!

Thanks, again, to all those, who did already and in advance to all who recognize good reason for the courtesy to help out! :|

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 am

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood - I didn't realize you would have to resubmit the exe to all of them every time you had a new version, you're right, that would be crazy. I thought it was only a one time submission.

I do very much appreciate all the effort you've put into this!

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:56 am

Thanks, yeah, I wasn't even hoping they'd be that clever. I knew the moment I update it there would be trouble and sure enough. :roll:
Well, thanks for understanding and double thanks, if you consider reporting the false positive!
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]