suggestion maybe! <3

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:27 am

suggestion maybe! <3

I been messing around with this on my laptop and I loved it. the realistic brushstrokes remind me back when I was using corel for a while.
the only thing I wish that it might have in the future would be an infinite canvas. so that you could zoom in and out as far in or out as you like to add as much detail as wanted in this program. this isnt really needed but sure would be a plus!

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:19 am

Re: suggestion maybe! <3

Oh, I wished that was possible, too. The only trouble are the fluids, you know. I might be able to figure something out later on, but even the fanciest GPUs can only do so much. With the fluids off this probably wouldn't be much of an issue.
Anyway, I absolutely hear you and agree!
Thanks for bringing it up, though! :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:41 pm

oooo!!!!
I have an idea!

Taron, you know that trick in ZBrush where you can scroll your canvas with the ~ key?
THAT would make this nearly infinite!

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Ehehe, I don't quite know that trick, but I do like magic! :lol:

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:48 pm

You have ZBrush right?
Ok.... Asuming that you do, and I think you do for some reason....

Do this:

1) Fire up ZBrush.
2) Scribble with the default brush the one called Simple Brush. Don't go over the edges of the canvas.
3) Now hold down Shift and the key just above Tab On the left, its marked either ~ or ` and then Click and Drag the Canvas.
4) If you scribbled enough you should now see that the canvas is continuous. Keep scribbling, but again don't go over the edge of the canvas (it will cut off what you are doing and look ugly).

What you have now is a continuous texture, or pattern or whatever you want to call it.
It has a flaw in ZBrush that makes a dim little line but Marcus made a plugin to make that go away and to make exporting flawless.
If you did the ~ key trick with this (meaning Verve) the canvas could sort of be infinite.... and that would be yummy!

Marcus's plugin is here:http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?94752-Useful-small-ZScripts-and-Macros-for-ZBrush-4-amp-4R3&p=848052&viewfull=1#post848052

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:28 am

Hehehe, neat, thanks!
No, that won't work in Verve, sorry. Verve has the fluids active on the whole image. The larger the image, the longer the calculations. If it was an endless canvas, soon enough it would either send your machine into a coma, or I would have a solution that only does fluids on the viewable area, which would cause all sorts of ugly stuff to happen on the edges, of course.
I am still thinking about finally writing my adaptive fluids, but doing that on the hardware will most likely be impossible, I'm afraid. I'm not sure, though. This is all stuff I still need to figure out. Thing is; nobody has, yet! But that didn't stop me from writing Verve in the first place, haha, so...who knows! :)

Thanks for the tip, though! :D

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:21 am

MealeaYing doesn't mean endless, she means seamless.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:52 am

I think MealeaYing means endless, cause the canvas in zbrush can be used as a endless canvas.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Yep!
Actually I mean both, seamless and endless, the trick is its only one KIND of endless, it loops in X and Y rather than going on forever into oblivion... though that would be cool, we could paint our way off into oblivion and thus make oblivion more pretty and colorful.

Basicly what would happen is this:
If I send a glob of paint off the bottom of the window instead of vanishing into the void it would appear at the top and keep flowing back towards the middle. The same would happen if I went off the edge on the left for example, it would appear on the right.
With ZBrush you need to move the canvas, but that does not need to be the case in Verve.
The canvas is a fixed size but with no sharply defined edges, the edges simply loop.

My next idea is to make the sphere in MaCrea like this, paintable and fluid, then add ZAppLink or better yet GoZ to Verve and MaCrea... but I'm greedy and I want all sorts of things because they would be fun.

GRIN!

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:17 pm

LOL! :lol: ...as well you should!
The whole ZappLink still scares me, why ever... :lol: ...but yeah. So you know MaCrea, too, huh?! :D ...that was really my first stand-alone app and I still think it's actually quite a lot of fun and pretty useful. Hmmm...one of these d... OHHHHH THAT REMINDS ME! I was literally thinking about hooking Macrea INTO Verve, because it could act as alternative lighting solution. We have already the bump, so it would be so easy to just hook that material render to it. :)

Maybe later... quite very likely later! ;)

Thanks for reminding me!
Oh, I just uploaded a new version that should make Pilou's friends a little happier. And I carefully think it is a bit of yet another revolution, because I don't think I've ever seen that in any painter ever. Not sure...but you be the judge! It's about SMUDGE CHROMA, hehehe, but more on that in the Info forum! 8-)

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]