Stavros Gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: Stavros Gallery

WHAAAAAAT????
You already have a record function?
Damn you TARON!
Nooooo
I mean LOVE you Taron!
I mean...oh man Im so confused lol
Ive lost count of how many times something wonderful has happened
and for the life of me I can't reproduce it!...
Like my pretty tree rimmed mountain :)
Having the settings is not enough...its the whole movement thing too...
Come on then!
Spit it out!
Lets have it!
Even its rudimentary
Pleeeeeaaase
LOL
You rock man!
or just send it to Meeeeeeeeeeee
Ill be real quiet about it
just between me and you
( and the whole freakin forum)
shhhhhh
Yeah!
:)
s
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Hahaha, oh, man... yeah, thing is, LONG before I reheated this version of Verve, I had started an almost totally new version, stripped to the bones and with a different logic. There I realized how easy it would be to make a record function that records absolutely everything, including timing, to faithfully reproduce what you've done. It worked perfectly. I then wanted to add as a brush feature that you could actually paint with your recording, while it was going on, allowing for all sorts of wicked things. You could record a wriggle, for example, and then paint with that, aligning to your rotation like all other brush features, too, scaling and so on, possibly controlling the speed by various factors as desired, from stroke speed, distance traveled to fixed rates and so on.
But, yeah, I have to see how I can frankenstein a take on it into this version. It's not as easy here, because I have sooooo many things going on already, which I would have to refit so to say. So...no promises, except that I will try! 8)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:13 pm

These are fantastic, stavros.
Wonderful atmosphere and composition!

Record function? I would die, or at least pay for that!! ;)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Re: Spit it OUT!

Now I know why you've been sooooo quite
Every time I hear you speak it infuriates me!@#$%^&*
Oh yes...I did that...but not just that...I did a million freaking times better than you could imagine
and then......?......?...uh...hello...yes...and then....???
well then I put back on the shelf to think about it some more
LOL!
OMG
are you kidding me
What you just described sound absobofraekinglutley unbelievably cool!
paint a tree?..paint trees with variations...have trees paint themselves...sort of :)
DUDE
Don't you get get it???
This is mind blowing stuff
Spit it out already!@#$%^&
old version/new version/hybrid version/anyversion
LOL
You are awesome TARON!
Who thinks like this? Brilliant!
Your brain is hyperactive creativity engine!
Somebody should bottle that when your gone :)
ok
Thats all Im going to say about that!
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 pm

:oops: ... :lol:
It's almost very safe to say that I haven't even started, yet, Stavros. But I really need to get my foundation strong. Luckily I've seen over the many, many years, that software development out there is really, really slow, which is why I'm not panicking. But I also must not panic, you know. I have to get into my groove again, find a strategy beyond the coding itself so that everything comes to a balance that will both maintain the development momentum and maintains my family. Which is a great opportunity to thank you, again, for your generosity, too! :beer:

So, yeah, but we better leave some room for more images in your beautiful gallery! I will make an announcement, once I have something new, of course! You already have some idea now, what might come next! ;)

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Fair enough Master Taron !
So be it...
let there be Zen

ps - just to clarify my earlier post....I was referring to a recording function which can record strokes and all aspects of the process which can be played back to recreate the painting in real time....that would be infinitely useful for everyone. ...especially with something so nuanced as Verve. :)

Heres some recent work....REALLY digging the minimalist watercolours!!!!
As I said before...these images are breathtaking when blown up and printed to 24x36 or bigger because the colour depth and blending and gradients are so flawless!...the colours....they are, how do you say....delicious ! :)
Attachments
watercolour1.jpg
watercolour1.jpg (38.08 KiB) Viewed 8907 times
watercolour3.jpg
watercolour3.jpg (36.35 KiB) Viewed 8907 times
watercolour2.jpg
watercolour2.jpg (36.3 KiB) Viewed 8907 times
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:47 pm

THANK YOU, Stavros, yeah, I knew right from the start that even 24bit needs dithering to really get proper gradients, besides the color blending itself, of course. And you really show off large, soft gradients with those "delicious" atmospheres! :)
And just to reaffirm you once more, that's exactly why I did the recording concept, including a few more things that I most certainly should not mention, before you guys lose your mind, hahaha... but, let's just say, I wanted a way to record a performance in real time so there is a data stream... (hmmm...did I say too much already?!) ...but all the other stuff just then really came to my mind. By the way, I just tested it in my alternate version and it still works beautifully. It's kind of scary, because it really feels like a ghost is painting! :? :lol:

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:58 pm

So it's recording like in Art Rage?
Hm. Nice, but already existing.(that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to have that for sure)
And recorded brushes are very interesting either.

But what if you combine it with timeline and music?
Some "Sound to action" algorithm and keyframe editing by hand to fine adjust and combine actions on one key event. Editing stroke speed etc.
Hmmm, taron. You as a multi talented artis could combine some of your fav subjects.
So not just a stupid replay of what you have done, but a synchronized painting & music performance.
I guess this is not exisiting in a decent way.
I only know AE with a new layer for every vector stroke.
But I am sure that this would be something a lot of people would love to pay for.

Just my two cents.

Ah. Nice ones Stavros! Really enjoy your style.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Should I move this conversation into the Community threads? Hmmm...because that makes me wonder... ArtRage has recording? Since when? I never knew that. Anyhow, all the animation stuff is yet for a different incarnation somewhere in the future. This really needs 64bit compiles to be proper and C++ for all the I/O stuff. But, yeah, we shouldn't have this chat in Stavros' precious gallery! :ugeek:

Post Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:07 am

The notion of iterations is intriguing....heres a few iterations of the same swirly fluid painting as presented via the playback functions.
Each beautiful in its own way...the same yet different....verve is spot on with brush action and colour selection but the fluids throw some interesting variation into the mix.
Attachments
iteration3.jpg
iteration3.jpg (181.15 KiB) Viewed 8840 times
iteration2.jpg
iteration2.jpg (185.94 KiB) Viewed 8840 times
iteration1.jpg
iteration1.jpg (187.96 KiB) Viewed 8840 times
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram