Page 4 of 8

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:19 pm
by Tartan
It's great to see another great artist touch upon Verve's shores. Really appealing works :) I enjoy them all but your top row says everything about my favorite c:! :beer:

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:05 pm
by FJGC
Hey everybody, how's everything. I think I ran into an issue, at least with one file. It has a Black Screen. As you can see in the screenshot below, the layer shows the artwork, but the actual "paintspace" is black. I don't know what I touched
Image

Can anybody help with this?

Regards,
Francisco G.

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 pm
by Taron
What's the resolution?
But just to relax you a little bit already, it's almost certainly all still there! It's just a memory matter! A few things you can try. First of all, just to see that it's alright, crop into it to reduce the canvas size!
We will go from there. You may also try and restart your machine, in case something took away GPU memory. Make sure no other app like firefox or so is running! This can suck away GPU memory.

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:41 pm
by FJGC
Taron wrote:What's the resolution?
But just to relax you a little bit already, it's almost certainly all still there! It's just a memory matter! A few things you can try. First of all, just to see that it's alright, crop into it to reduce the canvas size!
We will go from there. You may also try and restart your machine, in case something took away GPU memory. Make sure no other app like firefox or so is running! This can suck away GPU memory.


Hey Taron, thanks for the replies. Ok, so the canvas size is aprox 3150x3150 px. So I reduced to to 3100x3100, and the white version appears, sans color. I closed Chrome while doing this. So this file, I saved it with another file name, and when I tried to reopenthe new version, the black screen would reappear as well. I restarted the computer as well, and the same thing happens. What's even weirder is that the original file appears to have lost the color information, both the workspace and layer preview appear to show a black box,. I didn't save or overwrite the original file, just attempted to open it multiple times.

Image

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 pm
by Taron
Also, feel free to upload the file to some place where I can download it OR just send it to me via WeTransfer.com or so! You should know my email, right?! Bottom of my website! :geek:

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:53 am
by FJGC
Taron thanks again for the help. Here is the download link https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6eu23u4dz6z8 ... o.vrv?dl=0

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:55 am
by FJGC
Tartan wrote:It's great to see another great artist touch upon Verve's shores. Really appealing works :) I enjoy them all but your top row says everything about my favorite c:! :beer:


Thanks for the support my friend!

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm
by eduardobedoya
Hi FJGC,
Great artworks, especially your top row study n your nude figure, very welcome to the forum latin comrade.
When I saw this post I instantly looked your portfolio link n I noticed some sort of vector n design influence as well as an abstract n expressionism taste. I relate that sort of vector vein to your verve paintings showing globs of paint as you said.
Your nude painting does make echo with your portfolio site artworks sort of abstract n expressive, I really like it, that is for me the second more expressive portrait you have posted here, she just has a very thoughtful looking, though I have to say I still wonder if that piece is horizontal or vertical xD.
I would love to see more of that skin warm n cool nuances that you did in your top row portrait, perhaps in more nude paintings, congrats.

PD: I would suggest looking at pud (pudjakjuzto) artworks, he does a masterful use of the img brush, I myself still haven't learned it
PD2: look at verve threads, there are really good gems all over the place showing what it's possible with it, along side with few verve tricks n glitches that are both funny n usefull.

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 am
by FJGC
eduardobedoya wrote:Hi JF GC,
Great artworks, especially your top row study n your nude figure, very welcome to the forum latin comrade.
When I saw this post I instantly looked your portfolio link n I noticed some sort of vector n design influence as well as an abstract n expressionism taste. I relate that sort of vector vein to your verve paintings showing globs of paint as you said.
Your nude painting does make echo with your portfolio site artworks sort of abstract n expressive, I really like it, that is for me the second more expressive portrait you have posted here, she just has a very thoughtful looking, though I have to say I still wonder if that piece is horizontal or vertical xD.
I would love to see more of that skin warm n cool nuances that you did in your top row portrait, perhaps in more nude paintings, congrats.

PD: I would suggest looking at pud (pudjakjuzto) artworks, he does a masterful use of the img brush, I myself still haven't learned it
PD2: look at verve threads, there are really good gems all over the place showing what it's possible with it, along side with few verve tricks n glitches that are both funny n usefull.


Hey my friend! Gracias por los comentarios y sugerencias. Abrazos desde Quito.

Here is a new creation. I decided to recreate the original painting I was trying to make in VRV that crashed all those months ago.
Here is the original and my PS alteration:

Original:
Image

Alteration:
Image

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:04 am
by Taron
AH, Francisco, I'm happy you're back!!! :bounce:
Great to see that you didn't abandon this painting! c:! ...have you tried color alterations with Verve, yet, too? I know, you've done this with PS, but I wonder how far you could've gone with Verve's "Levels"!?! :ugeek:

Anyway, WELCOME BACK! :beer: :hug: