Quick Ghibli Cloud

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Quick Ghibli Cloud

Hi! I just discovered this amazing software and I wanted to be part of the forum too. It's just amazing what you can do in five minutes with the organic system. I've been trying to paint the Ghibli style for years now, and I got fairly close with Photoshop, but after trying Verve, Photoshop brushes became just an obsolete group of stamps :lol:

Specially for painting clouds, it's just too easy, and the results are amazing:

I know it's a simple object, but it looks traditional, and that's what I like about it. I also love the 90's anime aesthetics, and this is gonna speed my animation process like no other program.

Thanks a lot Taron :P

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 pm

Re: Quick Ghibli Cloud

It looks GORGEOUS above all! Very authentic indeed! And, yeah, the Ghibli stuff has this certain something. Funny enough, I live in Croatia, where a lot of his impressions were inspired by and I can confirm it! :)
THANKS for joining the forum, Mauritium and WELCOME: :beer:
Looking forward to a lot more of your explorations with Verve! :hyper:

Man, I really love the airiness you're getting there. The sky feels so luminous and almost liquid in a convincing way. Your subtle choice of colors is glorious. c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:49 pm

Taron wrote:It looks GORGEOUS above all! Very authentic indeed! And, yeah, the Ghibli stuff has this certain something. Funny enough, I live in Croatia, where a lot of his impressions were inspired by and I can confirm it! :)
THANKS for joining the forum, Mauritium and WELCOME: :beer:
Looking forward to a lot more of your explorations with Verve! :hyper:

Man, I really love the airiness you're getting there. The sky feels so luminous and almost liquid in a convincing way. Your subtle choice of colors is glorious. c:!

I know, such an amazing tool :hihi: also cool that it's free AND portable. It's a relief to finally find a good software to paint clouds and folliage, It doesn't matter how hard you try. it ALWAYS feels like stamps or textures on Photoshop :PP

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:01 am

Yeah, once I'm ready to resume coding more on Verve, I'll try to take it yet a few steps further, because there's such potential still lingering in Verve. The brush section will get pretty big eventually, or rather pretty complex in terms of possibilities. But I will see to it that it continues to explore organic behavior rather than stale repetitions or fixed patterns. BUT I may also add some structured features for more architectural motives... whatever adds excitement in a kind of natural way. :D
If you start playing with the brush images, there's a great deal of additional complexity. You can, for example, design a serious of images that can get controlled by pen pressure, really adding a curious degree of elegance to brush strokes and so forth. But, yeah, lots to explore for you! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:09 am

Taron wrote:Yeah, once I'm ready to resume coding more on Verve, I'll try to take it yet a few steps further, because there's such potential still lingering in Verve. The brush section will get pretty big eventually, or rather pretty complex in terms of possibilities. But I will see to it that it continues to explore organic behavior rather than stale repetitions or fixed patterns. BUT I may also add some structured features for more architectural motives... whatever adds excitement in a kind of natural way. :D
If you start playing with the brush images, there's a great deal of additional complexity. You can, for example, design a serious of images that can get controlled by pen pressure, really adding a curious degree of elegance to brush strokes and so forth. But, yeah, lots to explore for you! ;)

I think in the same way Blender, a free software, surpassed 3DS Max and Maya, other free softwares will eventually surpass the big companies somehow. They are too comfy not bringing anything new to the table. However, I still have a lot to learn about Verve, but I'm sure it will be a fun experience!

Thanks again, and greetings from Argentina :D

Return to Your Artworks