Zeropainter - GFX

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Zeropainter - GFX

Ah, that one was about magical special effects I see. I think, you did a great job! c:!

Characters are really tough, no doubt. People tend to underestimate how sensitive such figures are when it comes to proportions, perspective and, of course, pose. In fact, if you want to freely illustrate characters, you kind of have to become a master of form in 3d space, light and animation, even if it is only a still image. To properly pose a character, you have to be keenly aware of how the body moves, how each limb can be posed and how to preserve the impression of their proportions, naturally. On top of that comes an understanding of texture and substance and it only gets tougher, once you include clothing, because that requires even an understanding of dynamics of fabric and so on.
On one hand, experience helps a great deal and can bring one very far, but a true understanding can take you all the way. Yet, it takes time to acquire such understanding with both a strong mental effort of visualizing the "mechanics", the physics behind it and applying it with deliberate esthetics, also comparing it with real life to verify accuracy or plausibility.

In other words...you're on a great journey, Zero! Keep at it and you'll be able to have such wonderful background garnish equally wonderful characters in the foreground! :ugeek: c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:47 pm

but I dont understand, why I am on the last place :shrug: :shrug: - some illustrators there are also very hobbyistic, SZR & SPLATTER they are pro or semi-pro, but the others?
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Oh, because it was about the magical effects! It wasn't really about the characters! You've basically had a little heart with a little glitter, very subtle. The others went all out with the magical effects, covering almost the entire picture in some cases, but always more focused on the requested topic.
In a way, you've mildly missed the topic, you know.
Your picture itself looks better than many of the other 9 images...hehehe...it really was just 10 submissions?! :lol: :? :shrug:
Anyway, I would assume that absolutely all of them are hobbyists! Some are a bit more advanced than others, but altogether, non of them I would imagine is a "pro", right?!
You are in the right crowd there, but you have to put greater attention to the topic itself! :ugeek:

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:58 pm

I think that SZR is a pro, I'm connected with him in facebook ;) and he has a lot followers. But I see, that I have to spend more time for characterstudys - thats a good website: http://www.quickposes.com - And I lile also http://www.skecthfab.com in the last page - you can e.g. view 3D Skulls and other 3D anatomic Stuff - without downloading and hardsurface Objects too and so on.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:54 pm

You know, what I find the most funny is that Verve is uniquely qualified to make magic effects! 8-) ...but well. A little trick that people may not realize is warp and [ctrl]+[shift]+[w] to REPEAT the warp, allowing to apply one warp effect to other layers as well as repeat it on the same a few times, if so desired. However, this way you could, for example, make a wild cloud of sorts in one layer, warp it a bit around, put a few dots on another layer in additive mode, for example, and repeat the warp on it. You can sparkly, streaky type of extra effects. You can layer and merge a few times, getting all sorts of complex, but coherent magic effects and more. :ugeek:

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:46 am

nice tipp, I will do it better next time :bounce:

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 pm

hey, dear taron - my picture shows to much brutality, maybe its better if you did delete my picture - and I will show here only the landscape - a lot of people did have really fear of my picture :oops: - they are also sick of the IS/DAESH and so on ;(

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Ahm, just go edit your post! You've posted it as thumbnail link to your imgur image. :geek:
...and I agree, actually. The trouble with it is, that it really doesn't make any particular sense and is just gory. I'm not sure what's on your mind these days, but I'm glad you recognize how insensitive it is, regardless of our era of propaganda.

Anyway, I can edit your post, too, of course.
I'm looking forward to your pure landscape! c:! :)

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:07 am

Yes, you are right dear taron, but by the way - to my bloody/gore picture - this picture was one of my reference :roll:

https://de.pinterest.com/pin/167548048610927141/

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 am

You mean "Kali by RedreevGeorge"? If you mean that one, see how little it is gory! ...including the devious and active expression on Kali's face, interacting with what she's doing and next to no use of red.
It is a difficult thing, if somebody wants to illustrate the rawness of universal concepts without anchoring all in the flesh. Kali represents destruction and creation, a process that starts and ends universal cycles, not just the satanic focus on flesh and blood, but on abstract concepts that include civilizations, ideas, substances, states of all kind. It does not stop before things that we are most sensible about, but it deals with all things equally. To make that point, the most horrifying scene is chosen, but in a way that takes it beyond flesh and blood, you see?!

So, if you consider taking on spiritual or esoteric concepts, it's good to think it through as deeply as you can and take some time to reflect on it all. Once you are in the right frame of mine, you can let go and just channel your revelations into paint. Normally, I wouldn't ever want to stop anybody from just working freely, but we all are so corrupted by the confusion around us, that we don't channel our insights, but the misunderstood absurdity around us. We reflect- more or less- garbage, which seems to have more confidence than we ourselves. It's a good idea to try and rise above it, at the same time dive into yourself and ponder! You'll find amazingly beautiful answers and inspiration there! :)
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks