Everybody's First Doodle

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:05 am

Re: Everybody's First Doodle

Welcome to forum townhall
Great painting, you are getting the handle of Verve.
I look forward to see more of your artwork.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:48 pm

Did some small tests here and there, but I think this one is the first attempt at an actual painting (or, at least the first one I saved...)
Getting proportions and colors right when making portraits and environments is always a struggle, but clouds/skies usually are more forgiving. I have some tutorials saved on painting digitally and I need to actually sit down and watch them
GPU: Nvidia 2070 SUPER / CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz / RAM: 32GB / OS: Win10
Check out my Neocities webpage!
The world's most chaotic autodidact :ob

Post Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:21 pm

Looks good! I like it c:! c:! c:!
Love the smooth lighning at the top like a sun beam that hits the cloudy flowers! Also love the choice of colors.
Don't throw away your attempts ... save them ... and keep posting them. It's a perfect chance to measure progress.
Looking forward to see more!
:ob

Post Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:13 am

cool liquid clouds,
nice colors too.
congrats, n welcome to the forum.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:55 am

Indeed welcome.

I have some tutorials saved on painting digitally and I need to actually sit down and watch them

And now you have a task on your hands, go and do it without any delay; then don't shy away from posting result (whatever it looks like) .

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:19 am

Welcome aboard, theonixie! :beer:
That looks absolutely magical! Gorgeous light in those clouds! c:!
Yes, portraits are particularly challenging most of the time, but there are many things to study before one has to jump on portraits. The most important thing is to get a feel for the paint, gain control over certain actions and how to achieve various effects, materials and even shapes.
Then there is how you might wish to approach more specific forms or accurate depictions such as portraits. It's great to use a top layer for making a "pencil" sketch and then have a bottom layer where you actually paint. But, yeah, I'd first spend time exploring the feel and figure out your techniques.
Especially for portraits I'd work with low or even no fluidity, depending on where you're at in the process. No fluidity is perfect for sketching, of course. 10% or less are good to get smooth, dense strokes.
Also I recommend to fill your paint layer first, because it's like priming the canvas and everything feels more familiar and is more dense that way right away. And don't forget to look at the "BUILD UP" parameter or [b] to bring up the floating widget of it. In any more accurate painting you may end up preferring 0% build up, if there already is enough paint on the canvas. But there are many tricks and ways to go about it nicely.

I'm definitely already looking forward to more from you, that's for sure! :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:10 pm

Great software, I only draw on digital software like Photoshop and have no experience in oil painting, so I can't understand some settings.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (185.44 KiB) Viewed 6510 times

Post Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:33 pm

For not understanding you sure did a good job. :ob Am looking forward to seeing what happens when you get a feel for it c:! :beer:
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:44 pm

What on earth? Really? This is what you do when you "don't know what you're doing"? :lol: :lol: :shock: ...damn! 8-)
Fantastic piece and a brilliant first doodle. Don't scare off everyone else in this thread, HAHA! :ob :ob :ob c:!

Welcome to the forum, Gnahs! :beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
Previous

Return to Your Artworks