Everybody's First Doodle

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: Everybody's First Doodle

Now who do we have here! :twisted: ...very sinister, yet, almost whimsical in a way. I think, the combination you have up there is stylish to work as one piece of art! The spooky face in the red sky is a little over the top, but I understand why you wanted to put something into that open space. Interestingly enough, in the night version you brought enough motion into the sky to fill the space enough.

c:!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM and yet another gallery thread to anticipate! :beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Uuups, pretty much shocking after watching all your cute gif animations on deviantart ;) (Which I like a lot btw.)
I very much like your trees.
Last background fits to foreground lights. For first background you have to light the foreground accordingly to make it fitting, don't you think so?

I am honestly happy to see one animation guy here on verve. Can be a win only ;) :ob
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:15 am

yeah i know rimlight on characters and grass should be yellow /red etc but depens if its artificial light in foreground and natural in bg etc :) so i didnt bother, just wanted to see it with different background, i painted different kind of trees but i want to paint them like backgrounds from cartoons, so im collecting animation cels and checking how it looks like.Most of cartoon backgrounds have similar style.Sometimes when im drawing too many cute characters then i want something totally different and serious or scary.That tree has big leafs too big IMO but i'll leave it like that.Im not that good with backgrounds, im actually learning now, i animate and draw characters mostly.I was looking for software that will give me that look of real paint on real canvas like on animation cels from the start and i loved verve instantly, tried artrage and everything else but here its different, i really like the results.When im drawing in other software then my final work looks too much digital for me probably cause im using too much semitransparency because you cant blend paint like in verve and on real canvas so results are kinda artificial :)
BTW i remember all You guys from sculptris forums :) taron, you and pilou, maybe someone else as well... when i discovered verve then i felt exactly like when i discovered sculptirs, it was groundbreaking with its realtime tesselation, here with fluids and feel of applying/smudging paint, its really something special.

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:33 pm

What a scary picture!! Go on bwwd, I would like to see more from you! c:!

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:02 pm

..hehe, and I saw.. Your games are really cool! Very good work! :ob

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:26 am

I have found Spriter https://brashmonkey.com/ :ob
but Stickman ? :oops:

Ps Your verve painting is like a real nightmare! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:21 am

stickman is on cutoutpro website and its free, its first software that was providing deformation for cutout animations, kinda like in rayman origin game, i tend to be very interested with revolutionary and innovative software like this, now theres also spriter and spine with deformation but stickman also provides automatic smoothing curves for motion so its looks very natural and non linear, more like S curve.

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:17 am

I will move this conversation, I think. :ugeek:

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:15 am

Not technically my first, and definitely not my last ;D thanks for the awesome software Taron

Edit: fixed it!

Last edited by Toadstooliv on Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:30 am

Image link doesn't work. You can IMG only jpg or png, I think. Dropbox is strange for that, too, I think.
Welcome and I can't wait to see your image!
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks