Heri's speedpaints

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed May 19, 2021 8:14 pm

Heri's speedpaints

my first paint in Verve, still to need get use to this style. ( i am spoiled with artrage).

----------
Heri

system: thinkPad, Xeon 6core, 128GB, window10 pro, 16GB Quadro RTX5000,
https://heribert.ca

Site Admin

Post Wed May 19, 2021 8:42 pm

Re: Heri's speedpaints

And he looks so happy!!! :D ... that's an excellent first go at it! :ob c:!
Every new tool requires some getting used to. Most of the time it's about being able to calm down and discover its behavior. ArtRage is a perfect example for it. But I can almost assure you, Verve sinks in more quickly and then can carry you to places that are absolutely unique. By the looks of it, you'll get there very, very quickly! :hyper:

AND THANK YOU, by the way! I'll add you into the "Thank You" list right now. :geek: :hug:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed May 19, 2021 9:03 pm

sure just need a little time to balance for liquidity settings... it like with new underpants, first it scratches and feel wired but after a while you dont wanna get out of it anymore !

btw. did you ever though to add gravity to the fluid sim.

i made this with rebelle, its also kinda fun to paint against the gravity

----------
Heri

Site Admin

Post Thu May 20, 2021 12:26 am

Yes, yes, eventually I will add gravity, too. The fluids need a little more elaborate behavior to make this act properly, but that makes it even more exciting for me to solve.
Was that first painting from you up there done with Verve or "Vervette's Sandbox"?
(even I can't quite tell, which is weird. I assume it was Verve, because of the hints of texture that I seem to still see, but still?! :shrug: )
The Rebelle canvas looks gorgeous, by the way! ...as does the rendering. Almost looks as if it casts shadows, too?! Neat! :ob

Post Thu May 20, 2021 5:18 am

it was verve, verette is missing some features like layers etc...
Rebelle has most realistic paint simulation for water and now for oil. artrage is also extremely realistic oil simulation and good water color too, but much simple interface simple brush settings. rebelle is like photoshop with huge brush creation tools etc.. thats why i like artrage more because basic brush can so everything and i don't have to collect brush presets etc..

verve is even better. simple brushes can do everything and is best damn Bob ross simulator ! :D can't wait to get comfortable with verve...

btw. the shadow is actually black watercolor running down.
----------
Heri

Post Thu May 20, 2021 9:11 am

Welcome to the forum Heri
cool Verve and Rebelle artwork, very natural feeling, are you sort of serializing them?

talking about proper simulation of natural media (hope Taron gets to read this too)...
- Artrage has good oil simulation regarding to oil that doesn't have too much thinner, cuz when oil has a large amount of thinner it behaves in a way they have not yet simulated properly (it should involve some fluid dynamics imho), its watercolor tool is kinda outdated now.
- Rebelle has the best watercolor simulation imho, but again its oil simulation lacks the same Artrage's one lacks, even more, its thick oil simulation it's a bit artificial to me even though they have tried to mingle it with its watercolor, there isn't a proper bridge between both of them imho.
- That's where Verve shines, in that it treats the paint as a whole, as a single common simulation that holds the whole spectrum from the very liquid paint to the very thick paint, even though it doesn't have the best watercolor, it comes close to Rebelle, and surpass both Artrage and Rebelle by much in what they both lack.

That being said, one thing is how natural feels to paint with a program, and another different thing is how natural a painting made with a program can look.
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Thu May 20, 2021 10:00 am

Ah, thank you guys, very pleasing to read! :beer:
Thing is, as I kept saying early on, Verve is not meant as a simulation, but a way to exploit the beauty of fluid dynamics in an accessible way with the immediacy only hardware can provide and true to its own nature, rather than trying to be something it can't ever really be (at least not for some time). That being said, it still is but a glimpse of what's possible and there's much to be explored and implemented. Vervette will be my way of doing these explorations with much less weight and even greater accessibility. Once it all comes together, I will approach the next big leap forward for Verve.
Key to everything I do is the sense of directness, fast interaction with a paint substance you can develop a true understanding for outside of any other expectations and without having to wait for it to "look real", so to say. It's all about the feeling and the natural extension of your impulses. c:!
Rebelle is incredibly slow and ArtRage, along with every paint tool I know, has this typical hesitation where it all ends up feeling like remote-controlling digital brushes that can end up looking fantastic, but there's always this digital layer between you and your painting. If I do anything halfway right, this digital layer dissolves. :ugeek: :D

Post Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm

thank @eduardo. the 2nd image is rebelle only. the one thing i do, i post sharpening in Affinty Photo, these days i like over-sharpen painting for extra "texture".

but yada yada where verve really shine its simplify painting and you can paint wet on wet on 1 layer. Bob Ross style. thats what i like, like Bob Ross he has his 3-4 pencils and paint everything with it, he let it flow. Verve does pretty good. 3-4 pencels with 3-4 dails, that's you need adjust and you paint the whole image with it. just like oil painting, just you, 2 pencil in your hands and the canvas --> let it flow, bring the ideas on canvas.
----------
Heri

Post Thu May 20, 2021 5:39 pm

slow very slowly i getting use it the paintflow....

since my son it spaming me with sonic:

----------
Heri

Site Admin

Post Thu May 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Uh, I had no idea you had a son, that's awesome! :D
:beer:
Very cute Sonic! :ob
Again, as a tip, try to slow down a bit and sort of enjoy the substance of the paint. There's something incredibly magical about it, once you get into it. Normally we tend to want to "paint images", but there's another dimension to the process that is incredibly rewarding, particularly in Verve. If you begin to think of the paint almost like it was a modeling substance that you can smear and blend into each other with care, you begin to feel how it blends. With it comes a great deal of control. Next comes the feel for the countless things you can do with the bristles of the brushes, the different brush types. They all have their own kind of magic to them. Last but not least comes working with brush images, which is where all limits sort of break away. I had just about started with them, knowing what powers are still lurking behind them. I can't wait to get to continue, but even now they are stunning tools.
So, yeah, take it slow, that's great! And every now and then you can go nuts a little, of course, which is brilliant fun. It's just important to wind back down and merge with the paint again. I love that feeling and I'm sure you'll do, too. c:!
Next

Return to Your Artworks