Ka-Z & Verve - let's have some fun

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:08 am

Ka-Z & Verve - let's have some fun

Heyyyy all !

I gonna post everything here, I think it'll be easier.
(It's 5am here and since my brain try to convince me than a story about bubblegum molecules, dinosaurs and space travel could be a good intro, I gonna skip this step and go right to the paint :D )

So here's the 1st piece I made, it's also in another post but well, it's the first and the last time since now everything gonna end up here. AHAH that's my zon... stop it brain.

30' speedpaint / 100% with Verve / topic "Rise of the undead raccoon king" (I forget the "undead" part on this one)

30' speedpaint / 99% with Verve + 1% in PS (for the strong light) / topic "Rise of the undead raccoon king" (again, I love racoons.)

here's the piece before the PS editing ;

a quick doodle to leave a bit PS :p

I'm not gonna ask for critics and tips about the art itself since it's not the goal of this forum but if some of you have tips about the technique in Verve itself, its tools and possibilities, then I'll be glad to ear them !
Thanks a lot ! :D
Last edited by Ka-Z on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freelance illustrator, painter aka Pierre Demet, Hell_Cat, Ka-Z
980 / 16go ram / w10 / Huion Kamvas Pro

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:11 am

Re: Ka-Z & Verve - let's have some fun

Hmmm...images didn't show, but I've fixed it for you! For Facebook stuff, be sure you right click on the image and choose "copy image location" for pasting it between img tags! ;)

SWEET! My wife and I both even like the pure verve raccoon head a little better than the ps edit, hehehe, just because it pops a bit more, but they're all gorgeous! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:11 am

Well, here's some new piece and mainly for the first one I rarely had such a fun rush, it took less than 5min and there's just you know, that feeling.
fun fun fun all the wayyy

more to come soooooon... :D

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:46 am

One can see the (voodoo ;) ) fun. I really love the way you paint.
Never really checked out these brushes in verve so far...never really practizised this drawing style....mmmmh.
What about some canvas? That would really fit to your work....Well would take one minute longer :D
Have a look:
http://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=115
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:12 am

Thanks man, it's a good idea, I'll give a try on the next ones :)

anyway, here's some moar !

EDIT : why the f* are the images cropped?? -,- snowman in full part : https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t31.0-8/739938_497001613745135_7234975762191160068_o.jpg
Honestly if someone know how to fix this issue... ^^'

I'm sooooo happy with this one ! No gore, no monster :) (what if the sn... NO, this is a fucking HAPPY and LOVELY snowman, he's NOT eating anyone.)

this one I couldn't restrain myself to correct a bit the colors in ps ^^

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:23 am

Supercool!
Snowman is an excellent piece.
Love all.
Pics are not really croped. It's the forum template.
If you make your browser bigger than 1920px it's all there.

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:31 am

Oh thanks Knacki for this precision, I don't have to worry then :D

Here's another one, it's a 30' sharp speedpaint, topic "Ice age"
Those damn speedpaint, everytime my composition is off, but oh well.

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:14 am

Ho ho, lovely. I can smell the saber-toothed.
May I ask whish brush do you take mostly?
For the racoon i.e.
Is it 6? How much Bias?
I really want to learn this speed concepting and your technique seems to do it superfast.

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 am

Honestly if someone know how to fix this issue

Right click ? Show image following navigator ;)

Cool rushes! 8-)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:47 am

Hey (again :D) Knacki,

so I was about to write a long text, but I got the video, yeaaah ! in 1080p yeaaah !²

even if it's accelerated all my process is clearly understable (because honestly, I did it "like a farmer boy", without taking the fine settings in considaration)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvk7D507Qzc

I got a few advice too :)

like you'll see in the video, I don't draw, I paint. Yes, it's a huge difference !
You have to set your mind on a different focus. Instead of visualizing something sharp you have to ask yourself this ;

What color?
What shapes? (basic ones!)
What mood/light?
then a bit of composition, but at the biggining I advice you to try some little thing not entire scene (but if you feel like do it uh, live your life freee !)

Now you have thoses stuff in mind + a global idea of what you'd like to head for (I didn't mention it before because trust me, you don't need to know what you're going to draw everytime, let some freedom to your brain even if that means making bullsh!t, at the end it still practice)

start paint ! mix color, try to loose the control at the first time because, well, you (and I, believe me) don't have that much of control so don't bother yourself.
Then, the more you progress in your painting, the more the shapes gonna sharpen, the subjet gonna appear more & more. You then start to add detail, a bit here, a bit there, never fully render a specific zone in one shot. It's like building a house, you don't start the roof before the basement right? (you do? ahah send me pics ! ;D)

one more tip is don't fear to fail ! If at some point your brain is like "yeah man, I know we could make much worst than this (insert random part here) we made, but now that's not working :/ " then go ! add paint, screw it and redraw it.
If you fail, who cares? that's your painting. The more you fail, the faster you'll begin succeeding.

at the end, from big shapes to small ones, from basic colors to complete color palette, you'll get a result that suits you.

If you really start at the the beggining, I'll also advice you to DL a timer and make short sessions, like 30min, twice a day at least. Rapidity isn't something important, as I said before, who cares (if you make this in 1h or 1 day) ? The time limit will be good for your brain, it'll train him to think fast, and it'll also prevent you to get stuck in something and start to move into circles.

I got this timer (there's many other, that's just a matter of design at the end) http://www.focusboosterapp.com/download

I hope I'm understable/readable because man, I drank sooo much cafeine this night xD

Last thing ;

Do you know Feng Zhu? He's a badass killer working in the videogame industry since 15+years and managing his own school in Singapour, and he makes good tutorials. This one, titled "chaos to control" will really help you to figure things out :)
(get ready, he speaks fast !)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QDPcSuLe73g

his complete list of tutorials on his site : http://www.artbyfeng.com/tutorials.htm

Well, I hope it helps :)
Cheers !

(p.s.; finally, I wrote a long text. hm.)
Next

Return to Your Artworks