jim's nude drawings

Here you can post subjects for Adults Only. We've got to be sensitive to all cultures! Art knows no boundaries, that's why this part of the forum is there for you!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Other than that...almost everything goes, but be considered and don't go beyond nudity, please!

Post Wed May 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: jim's nude drawings

Knacki you have a Nasa's Config! :shock: :D
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

jim

Post Fri May 16, 2014 3:50 am

Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Post Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 am

Oh jim, these are very strong paintings, but third last, the colourful approach, is pure art!

Masterpiece alert! 8-)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Fri May 16, 2014 8:46 am

Wowsa, there are some outstanding pieces in here, jim! I love the variety in styles alone already, but at least two of them are paintings that transcend their subject immediately! Great job(s)! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri May 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Artist! 8-)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

jim

Post Sun May 18, 2014 7:58 am

Awww boy, you guys really are super sweet :D :D :D
Except for the very first i really can't take credit for any of these though. :?
i so far just attempt to imitate art styles i found on Google :oops:
i will let you know once i made something original :lol:
Until then i am pining for critique rather than praise ;)

"transcend" was a really nice buzzword for me :shock: ... i will try to have that on my mind, rather than "reflect"

Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Site Admin

Post Sun May 18, 2014 9:06 am

Well, heck, if you paint something like that you're totally out of luck. All I have left is praise, damned! :twisted:
JUST BEAUTIFUL, JIM! The colors, the look...it's almost like a magic eye feeling where the figure emerges amongst the frantic movement across the whole canvas. Ready to hang on a wall for sure!

I really wouldn't know how to critique this...maybe if I knew what you where hoping for to achieve, but the result itself is entirely content! AH, ONE THING: Where's the signature?!? 8-)

jim

Post Sun May 18, 2014 1:49 pm

"how to critique this..."
i really am groping in the dark here though, dude ... it is the strangest experience for me :?
When i do 3D, the creation process ... sometimes :roll: ... can be rather unpleasant, aggravating and stressful.
When things don't work out right away i can blame it on the incapability of the software and find workarounds :twisted:
But then once i am done i am ever so proud can enjoy the heck out of the result.

With painting now it is quite the opposite, the act itself is pure joy and i ever so love every second :P ... but i then hate the result with a passion :cry:
And here all i can blame are my own stiff hands that just refuse to place the line the way i want them to :oops: :lol:

That's a long standing problem that always kept me away from drawing and i am so very in love with Verve because for the first time it's exciting enough to keep me trying :D
Even though i don't see much improvement in the quality of my attempts yet i do at least already get to it faster than in the beginning :roll: :lol:
Verve is like healing balsam for my cramped, cold hands, dude :D ... Thank you so very much :D

"Where's the signature?"
Well, painting is such an unfamiliar world for me anyway but that" whole concept especially is puzzling to me :?
Maybe i am missing some special significance to it? But to my eyes, a signature always flattens all the realm if an iamge?
i do have the same sensation with subtitles or credits over movies for that matter.

... Thinking more about this ... i told you before that your panic room opening credits are one of my all time top favorites? :P
Could well be that it was immediately so harmonic to me because it was incorporated into the depth rather than forced on top, you know?

Hmmmh, i guess i would sign the backside of a print, but tagging on top feels odd somehow?
Maybe its cause i come from the 3D side and it never occurred to me signing a rendering
Or quite probably i am just missing something altogether? :D

In any event, thank you so much for coming in here and making me smile :D
All of you guys are just darling :D

Site Admin

Post Sun May 18, 2014 2:04 pm

Develop a signature that becomes part of the painting, it compliments it, gives it the seal that belongs to it, you know. The right signature, honestly shaped and carefully places, enriches an image, gives it depth, actually, like a perfect frame gives grandeur to a painting.
When I put my signature on it, I try to make it humble, place it where it doesn't hurt and doesn't clutter, choose a method that corresponds to the rest of the painting's technique somehow. Sometimes I just carve it in, sometimes I use brush #8 to simulate a spotty brush or pencil, smear the ends to blend them a bit. I just don't want it to draw all the attention to itself, but make it just discoverable, so to say.

Anyway, I hear you on the procedural difference between 3d and 2d, although I never really blame the tool for the outcome. Just that I curse the tool plenty of times along the way... :lol: :roll:
At the end it is about what we are content with and my only ambition is targeted at my skill to lead me their more quickly, more directly with a healthy level of control and in an enjoyable symbiosis with the machine.

Now...have a go at finding your signature! ;) ...your work well deserves it!

Post Tue May 20, 2014 2:13 am

Fantastic page of work, great variety and skills, very nice bro.
PreviousNext

Return to Mature Subjects