dba naked

Here you can post subjects for Adults Only. We've got to be sensitive to all cultures! Art knows no boundaries, that's why this part of the forum is there for you!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Other than that...almost everything goes, but be considered and don't go beyond nudity, please!

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am

dba naked

I come to this section to honor two promises. The first was to keep company to Jim in the mature part of the forum, so here I am. The second is a promise I made to myself : redo my image of female blue beard, in a more realistic way.

Remember it ?

So here it is.
I'm still unable to draw correctly in Verve and same for painting precise small details. In order to achieve more consistent picture, I hope I will reach that goal soon and keep training for, but for now I made the character (and the reflections at the bottom right) in Photoshop. But everything else has been done with Verve. Around 3 days work.
Attachments
BarbeBleueChap3VersionB3_Final_SML.jpg
Let's say 60% Verve / 40% PS
BarbeBleueChap3VersionB3_Final_SML.jpg (185.49 KiB) Viewed 22788 times

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Re: dba naked

Flamboyant et saignant! ;)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:07 pm

HOLY TOLIDO! :shock:
That turned out FANTASTIC, man! Pfff, dba, you're something else! Almost get a little Giger charme from it, too, but much more elegant with the colors. It's such a horrible scene, yet, it doesn't feel offensive at all, somehow. I don't understand the blue triangle censorship there, haha, but well... it's somewhat stylish, I suppose! :lol: 8-)

Altogether: W O W !!! BRAVO!!!! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:13 am

Ha yes, the triangle :D No, off course, it's not censorship, like I would have to put on the niples if I wanted to post the picture on Facebook :roll:
In a sense, it is even almost the opposite, a way to emphasize the most explicit part of the project. :twisted: All the concept is based on the inversion of the tale. Here, the bluebeard is a woman (probably killing here many husbands, so). The visual concretization of the concept of inversion is represented by the blue triangle which therefore makes the transformation between blue beard and blue pubis. Also, notice that the triangle is somewhat a symbol of permutations in its capacity to fit in a circle, at the same time fixed positions and turning circle (ok, that's a lot of conceptual considerations with not much interest, just something I had in mind at the begining)

But you're right, it is not very clear since you're already the second person to make this observation.

Perhaps it becomes more obvious with the title wich, in a sense, explains the triangle by its design ?

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:39 am

I see where you're going with this, but I think it's a little running away from you there. Now it looks like some ironic brand humor, haha!
I think, if you were to braid this into her pubic hair, like some odd embellishment at about a 5th of the size, it might be cool. 8-)
Non of this changes a thing about how awesome it all is looking, though! And so refreshingly artistic, you know, much more than the so common concept stuff we see all the time. I totally dig it!

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:08 am

Ho, by the way, I learned a new english expression thx to you, Taron ! Holy toledo ! Sounds great and I will use it, you can believe that :)

Yeah, the triangle introduces something trivial, more conceptual, its almost a futile widget in the picture and therefore less artistic maybe. I will have to think about it ... Time will help me decide. But, well, it's not that important and that triangle is eventually the only thing that all my bluebeard-girls have in common. Some link they share. Bah ... these design considerations are pretexts to create and improve my skills.

Thanks alot for the compliments ! Very helpful to keep motivation.

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 am

I mean, I know it's fantasy, but maybe you should put it on a thin chain around her hips or waist, you know... kind of like a thong of sorts. Platinum, like her hair, or so. I don't think cosplay girls would still consider wearing it, hahahaha, but it would certainly give it a bit more instant recognition, you know...clarity, so to say. Or maybe just hinged on some body-piercings just above the hip bone? That might seem appropriate, haha. :lol:
And now I can't get that immature joke out of my head about red beards, hahaha! :P

I know, feedback can be great and it can be annoying. At the end you have a vision and nothing should stop you from making it complete. Innovation often hits some confusion in people before they get the whole picture or get to spend some more time "in your head" so to say. So.... nothing takes away from your powers, believe me, you have the right mind paired with the right talent for sure!

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:49 am

Feedback is the best food ! :P
And the misunderstanding observations help a lot, for sure. It pushes me to deeper understanding of my initial willing. Now I know why I never saw that triangle as a concrete object. I think that, in my mind, it had to be some virtual artefact to give that Sci-Fi aspect of the whole picture and not a medieval fantasy stuff, as it could be with a piece of costume. As I said, time and comments will give me the answers, later.
Thanks for yours.

:idea: Oh, while I have you, I was wondering if it was difficult to implement a tool to draw straight lines in Verve ? I used the wonderful grid system to help but a real line here and there would have been more effective. Not really essential, though. ;)

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:13 am

I completely agree... I'll hook up a variety of ways to get geometric shapes and guides. I could have a go at hooking up a line tool right away, though. Gotta find a moment for it, but I'll do that! ;)

OH, this triangle is supposed to be semi-transparent? Now that you mention "virtual" I believe I can see a holographic aspect there. Why not!? :)

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:28 am

That's extremely cool!

Compositing, background, atmosphere and body are genius.
Her face is not the quality of the rest, if you allow me to say this.
First, from our view left eye seems to be too high which probably can correct the warp tool, or photoshop anyway.
Forehead a bit low.
As her body is super sexy, a good facial proportion could do the rest to let all of us fall on our knees.

Keep up this very cool work and thanks for sharing.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram
Next

Return to Mature Subjects