ACRYLIC PAINTING?

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:27 pm

ACRYLIC PAINTING?

Hello dear, I will start to paint acrylic in the next time :ob - I think it will be very fine to combine boot worlds :rock: :rock: - but I don't have experience in ACRYL, so I will ask, what you think about GOLDEN OPEN ACRYLICS? Or are other colors very fine? OPEN ACRYLICS I like, because these color are drying very slow (10 hours up to 4 days), they are very rich with pigments and the pigments are very mixable. But the price is shooking :shock: - between somth. about 23/24€ for titan-white until over 40€ for some red colors - 236ml tins). :? What you think? c:! c:! c:! - OK I CAN COMBINE IT WITH CHEAP COLORS too, CHEAP COLORS for the underground or for structures. And good Colors for the last Layer :D and for eyecatching details.

I think also, that VERVE + ACRYLIC PAINTING would be can made some unique and stunning ARTWORKS :D :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Re: ACRYLIC PAINTING?

Sorry. I cannot recommend anything but it is very good information to know about the Golden open acrylics. I started with acrylics one year ago. It was suggested to me instead of oils because we have a baby and oil's smell is not so good to spread through the apartment. After little time I was totally disapointed because if you have common acrylics the dry process is very very fast :( I don´t think that acrylics are good for beginners as I am.. And that's why I was looking for a nice software and that's why I am here and use Verve :) So end is good all is good.. Nevertheless if I find more useful acrylics I would like to start my "natural" painting again.. Let me know if you find a good solution for your question.

Thank you for your topic Zero. :beer:

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Hello all,
One solution also could be water miscible oil, did you think of this ? because you don't need turp, you can thin and clean with water.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_misc ... int#Brands
I tried "Artisan" from Winsor & Newton and "Duo Aqua" from Holbein. As a complete beginner, i found them easier to handle than usual acrylics and liked the typical oil rendering ! Because it's oil after all, they just managed to change some chemistry detail. But I did not try Golden "open" acrylics so i can't compare.
System info: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB, i7-5820K 8GB, Windows 10, Wacom Intuos Pro M
Visit my photostream: http://flickriver.com/photos/24151359@N ... teresting/

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Thank you GboGbo. Very useful information! I didn´t know about the water miscible oil. I hope I can check it soon in practice!

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:30 am

Intel i-7-2600k 3.40GHz | Asus Geforce GTX 750TI OC |Win 7 64 bit -16 GB Memory|120 GB SSD
Wacom Intous 4 L <3 ( a huge Hardware update)

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:00 am

Lunalight, some beautiful paintings you've made! I enjoy the colors a lot and the compositions are featuring them beautifully! Great works! c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:19 am

Thank you Taron
Intel i-7-2600k 3.40GHz | Asus Geforce GTX 750TI OC |Win 7 64 bit -16 GB Memory|120 GB SSD
Wacom Intous 4 L <3 ( a huge Hardware update)

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:06 pm

I have buyed some days ago GOLDEN OPEN ACRYLS :roll: :roll: :roll: ooops... they are expenisve yes, but very rich of pigments, and they will dry very slow, like oil - so they are really fluid, like VERVE? .. I will take them only very thin as the last finish :ob and also for glazings for digital-prints in the next time :D

And I hope, that I can get some nice ARTWORKS maybe with VERVE + GOLDEN OPEN ACRYLICS .. I will share it, my first c:!

ok, I spend also some cheaper colors for the undergrounds or for mixing or for not so important image-areas :D and I will see also the difference between cheap and expensive colors?
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:04 pm

OOooooohhhh, if you wanted to and had the proper equipment, you could film some of it, to study reality with good stuff, you know! :bounce:
I don't want to cause you any grief, though, because that might be tricky, I don't know?
A simple 1 or 2 min clip would be awesome! :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:23 pm

in november I will have maybe more time - so I will start also with acrylics :ob ... end I spend also a beamer :oops: :oops: :oops: ... so I can project good digital stuff to the canvas or sketches from paper :roll: :roll: :roll: ...

ok, some artist say, its not good to take that, but for me its only an assistant :D ... and yes, I will do also don't stop to made sketches on papers, only by hands :) - its important to have training on that :D

Return to Off Topic