Taron's little gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Taron's little gallery

more ... more ...

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Here's a curious little experiment, made with the new image brush sequence option [=?] and the new negative glossiness. Really interesting, I think. :ugeek:
Attachments
redhole.jpg
redhole.jpg (255.52 KiB) Viewed 14705 times
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:18 pm

That is just... awesome!!! You could've told me that was satellite imagery of a distant planetary surface and I might have believed it! :) Or... actually it looks a lot like molten metal, with carbon and impurities in it, as it flows and solidifies. Did you ever think you'd be able to get all these discoveries out of Verve when you were writing the code for it? :ob Also, the way the fluid simulation can create these extremely convincing organic shapes and structures... it's just so cool. c:!

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:00 am

Thanks, Q! Hmmm...well, in a way, I kind of did anticipate some exciting textures to emerge, but what makes this so surreal and fascinating is that it's happening in real time. You can go in there and push stuff around, add new structures, paint actual content, and it looks like that! That's what's so eerie about it and something I could've only dreamed of before it virtually grew under my fingers, hehehe...but really a lot because of all of you, of course!
Already there is no end to what one can explore inside Verve, the styles you can develop, the depth and complexity or pretty looking simplicity, yet, with this certain extra. But it really is only the beginning! :ugeek:
Once you start making more experiments with the brush images, pffff, it's uncanny. I've only started to dabble with possibilities and know it's just endless. But I want to add a lot more functionality and a proper interface for all this stuff. Currently it's really like I invite you all into my mad scientist laboratory of sorts, hahaha. :? :geek: :P

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 am

Yes very cool dear Taron c:! - nice texture with a graphite-pen effect (by negative glossiness) - I like also to turn similar textures into a canvas surface. But sometimes I miss the Gloss Effect like in the old version 099.33

I opened the same file with the new Verve Version and its very different:

Apropos Canvas Surface, I miss also the strength of the canvas influence in your newer versions - I think the canvas influence was until the version 099.33 more strong ;) ... but I love Verve until today - very great software. c:!
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:39 am

Yes, I've changed the negative glossiness to not be a "bug", which makes it not only more controllable, but also predictable, allowing to purposely design with it. The previous "oversight" could never be antialiased, which also pushed it into a kind of dead end. However, I will most certainly make future experiments to allow effects of its kind, but with proper control. :ugeek:

As for the canvas strength, it now is in healthier proportion to the look of the canvas. It's still just as strong on the fluids, while it continues to look like canvas and the formula is more accurate, too. It will get interesting, once I resume evolving material behavior, I'm pretty convinced about that! :D

Thank you, Zero. Sometimes it's very difficult to share and develop at the same time, because accidental things can be exciting along the way and people get used to them, but those things beg to be fixed and make way for a better solution, which only new users may immediately appreciate. But above all, it's my quest to stay on top of what's happening inside Verve to consciously progress, you know. The really, really good stuff is still in the making! 8-)

Anyway, you were absolutely right. I took another look at my routine and gave the fluids more sensitivity to the canvas texture beyond the current paint buildup levels. :ob

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Funny Palette! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:25 am

Hey Taron,

Yah I know. It's been awhile but I seem to go in artistic and forum cycles after I have been gaming too much :) Games are good though. They help keep reflexes and hand to eye coordination sharper :) When I first started replying to threads the other day I realized I was going to spam horribly if I replied to every thread I wanted to so I gave it a rest lol. You have been posting some really nice pieces in the past year. I know they are doodles but they are great exercises. My favorite would of course be the one that has the story behind it. harpy 04. I guess it is the loss of magic that has the harpies not evolving but devolving, it appears to me, by losing that one component of their innate being. Anyway that is what comes to mind. What happens to them when the magic comes back? c:! ;) :D

On your next set. Of course I love abstracts. Of the 2 abstarcts I like Pistachio the most but am attracted to the color of the other. To me, Pistachio looks like a small abstract pond with lily pads floating in an area with other types of water foliage and a bit of sun hitting the surface.

Of the other 2 images I really love huedancer. Great simulation of a creek bank or pond. What I love about it the most is the expression on the face of your evolutionary link. He seems to be saying move along. I am not having a good day here lol. The other image is well done but reminds me of my cthulu finger thingy monster whatever. I had a grand time on the shading with that one but I cringe everytime I see it. Yours is well done but looks like it is on someone who has lost fingers in a fire lol. yeesh. Still well done coff coff c:! :beer:

quote from taron "Sometimes, though, I rather want you guys to show new stuff, rather than drowning you all with mine." Bah humbug. When you post it inspires other people to post. I want to see your next masterpiece! :D

Hues... by far my favorite abstract since I have been gone. The colors... the lighting. I swear I see a godly monk fighting a monster in the heavenly clouds and opiate fumes. Too much coffee! c:! :shock: :D

Ahh I see the masterpiece now and agree that it has an old master flavor. c:! c:! Fluid painting is so fun. :D

On your last one (redhole) It does have a planetary surface feel to it. I can see a lot of possibilities here :)

You have had a good year but I have to say "Post more!" lol

Tom :)
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Glad to be back too then.
And this gallery is always so good c:!
Oh, I should try new negative glossiness ;)
DA: http://ovn1.deviantart.com/
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/_ovn1_/
System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Ovn1, HEY! Tartan, HEY! :D
Yeah, I should post new paintings/doodles again. True! I'm currently bouncing around like crazy again, though, mostly in music, which gives me a great boost again for everything. :)

Now you make me check out my own gallery again, too, haha. 8-)

Welcome back, Ovn1!
Big Thank You, Tartan! :ob
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks