Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Suggestions

By the way, Pud, I hooked up the paint blocker, if you use [f] or [b], so you don't accidentally paint while you want to adjust those widget dials. Let me know, if I missed one! :geek:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:10 pm

I know it may seem strange and unnecessary, but could be nice to have fun... :hyper:
Taron, what do you think?
Could we use two pens at the same time?
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:28 pm

In theory: yes! I've written a version of Verve earlier, which allowed the use of Multi Touch with how ever many touches your system supports. It's somewhat fun to paint with all 10 fingers, but a bit silly, too, unless you somehow know what you're doing, haha. In your case, I imagine something awesome would come out!
However, 2 pens won't work, because I don't think Wacom or any tablet supports the use of two pens?! :shrug:

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Maybe he means to use DualBrush like in Photoshop?
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:35 am

I remember a guy using a wacom tablet and two pens for footstep recording as low budget motion capture.
But this is ages ago.
I tried once to get the wacom software doing this, but without success.

A research only turned out this, but that's no multitouch:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showth ... -same-time!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:54 am

Recently I have just played with Verve and again I realized how I love this application. My question is, why is Verve still in beta? It absolutely deserves to be a release in the state it is (maybe with a little GUI polishment I mention below), with no functional changes. Verve contains all needed, useful and great tools to create an amazing result what everybody wants and his/her skills allow.

Maybe, let me mention some comments about what I can suggest: :)
1. It deserves its own web page with some screenshots and clear manual, just like your great VST instrument.
2. I know that for most of us a portable app is the best choice (and very enough) but somebody prefers an installer for it (and from my experiences installer adds additional value for a customer and it looks more professional - sorry for that word, your Verve is very very professional I know).
3. You added a very nice configurator file - settings.txt. I know everything takes its own time but let us say what is possible with less effort and development. I have been thinking more about that and thought for beginners is the current GUI a little bit messy. What about to add more config values and one GUI button:
a) toggle simple/advance GUI mode. Advanced mode is current. Let's say "simple" can be just knobs for load, save, color + rgb values, main fluid control, drying on/off, drying speed, brush size and toggle button number, bump, metallic, glossiness. Even I think for a beginner the layers are not needed.
b) to have GUI button to toggle simple/advanced mode
c) to have a possibility to show a local manual, for example, using ALT+F1 and mention it in the topic of app as you do with F1 key. My thoughts about it are the following. In a config file there can be a special section with local help, for example:
[HELP]
TAB Toggle panel on/off, F3, full screen mode
c Show local color control
After pressing ALT+F1 text content of the help section can be shown in the semi-transparent frame over the Verve.

What do you think about that, Taron?

More times I have been thinking to create Verve fan page (for example http://www.verve.cz). Everything there will be with your prior approval. Unfortunately not so much time for it now, but I hope this fall I can prepare the webpage...

Last but not least, there can be a Verve paid application with some (one) additional tools (more advanced brush configuration). It can bring you more income and more enjoyable work on Verve...

In any case, big THANK YOU for your existing work on your free Verve version! :bow: :hug:

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:57 am

That's one fantastic post, Lemi, thank you so very much! :hug: :beer:
It's highly motivating and most likely the exact things I need to hear, really. Fantastic!
I'd be very honored about the "fan page", too, and will happily be there for any support, while I completely trust you and can't imagine you'd require "approval". You have basically a "blanko"-approval from me! :D
But, yeah, ideally I would have a proper version done already, but a bit of history might be fun, too.
I also agree with everything you've suggested, absolutely everything! :ob

Well, possibly we can make this a great year for Verve together! :hyper:

Post Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:45 am

Thank YOU for your thank you! :D
It will be a privilege for me to cooperate on Verve support with you! I am happy you like my post. :beer:

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Still miss there a PSD File support :roll: - thsi would be Awsome :roll:
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:53 am

Hi!
Just found this program and i love it because of its fluid simulations. I would like to consider my self a filmmaker so I would use this for special effects as seen here (at 40 sec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5Jb2NJWjY?t=41

My suggestion would be an option that would make the cursor even smaller and more invisible (totally invisible when clicked) but it would still affect a bigger area.

Would love to hear your oppinion!

Nik
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]