Black Screen

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Mon May 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Black Screen

Hey everybody, I think I ran into an issue. The other day I was working on a painting, everything normal as usual. Saved it to a vrv file, today, upon reopening, the workspace is Black. But the layer still shows my image preview as it should be. What could this be? Here is a screenshot

Site Admin

Post Mon May 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Black Screen

Ah, yes, I was replying to you in the gallery thread already, but, yeah, your image is still there, no worries. It's just a GPU memory issue. Make sure you don't have any other app running.
Also, crop into it a bit with [Shift]+[F2]. Just make it a bit smaller and see, if it comes back. If you do not need the first layer, which may just hold a sketch, try deleting it and see, if that already brings it back!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon May 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Probably each of us has experienced this black card 8-)
and failures while saving :roll: ... so write often :beer:
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Post Mon May 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Hey Taron and pudjakjuzto, thank for the reply. This error seems weird, because my other VRV files seem to open no problem. And it's the only app besides Chrome that's open, and I have 6gb of memory on my RX470, so that shouldn't be it either. I did the crop thingy you said, both ways. If I enlarged the crop, it stayed black. But if I made the crop smaller, this happened: (basically a white image of the brushstrokes sans color appears)

Do you know how I can recuperate the color? Also regarding the delete the layer, I cannot do it, I have tried multiple times and I can't figure it out. Could you please give a little explainer?

Site Admin

Post Mon May 13, 2019 8:54 pm

select the layer and then hit [Shift]+{Delete]!
The white is a new one, haha! My goodness... well, just do NOT overwrite your original image!!! We will get it back! c:!

Post Tue May 14, 2019 2:47 am

Hey Taron, thank you so much for your help. So this is the link (please wait about 10 minutes before it uploads completely):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6eu23u4dz6z8 ... o.vrv?dl=0

Post Tue May 28, 2019 11:18 pm

Hey Taron, any update on the file I sent you? Could you find any problem with it?

Site Admin

Post Wed May 29, 2019 12:04 am

Oh, danged, I'm so sorry, I haven't even had a chance to check it out, yet. Downloading it right now. But it'll have to be tomorrow for news...
Sorry about the delay! :oops:

Site Admin

Post Thu May 30, 2019 12:59 pm

Francisco!!! :hyper: ... :? ...I've had no troubles at all loading your vrv...
Autodesnudo_small.jpg
Autodesnudo_small.jpg (149.77 KiB) Viewed 11431 times

And here's a crop...
Autodesnudo_crop.jpg
Autodesnudo_crop.jpg (91.12 KiB) Viewed 11431 times

It took like 3 minutes to save it as png, that's for sure dramatic, but other than that it not only loaded fine, but was even workable, which shocks me a little.
Check my signature to see my graphics card! No matter what, I can assure you that your file is fine, which is great, because it's got a great start. I also can assure you that even a cheap NVidia (not sure how much it is now, but it's easy 3 years old now, isn't it?!) can handle your image well. I'm super happy about this, of course! :D ...but I'm also very sorry that you have any troubles with it, that's terrible.

Not sure what I can do about it, because there literally is nothing wrong with it. :shrug:

I'm sorry it took me so long to check it and reply. I'm super busy to do my best to finish up our first commercial software and it's a scary adventure at this point. Plunging into cold waters, so to say, and we're just about approaching the water's edge... takes almost a bit more courage than we know to have, but well... we're pulling ourselves together, giving all our energy with love and care. That will have to be what it takes, but I will remain distracted from Verve until we find out. Won't be long anymore, though! :borg:

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:45 pm

Hey Taron!
Thanks for the reply. So I tried opening it on my laptop which has a Geforce GTX 780m, and it worked no problem! Seems to be there is some sort of AMD issue going on (my main PC has a RX470).
Next

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]