With verve into the light

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:23 am

Re: With verve into the light

Knacki, looking at your latest I can't help but be inspired and every one of these has character and style. My personal favorite would be the old man in the goggles but that is because it directly inspires me for Moreorless. I also like the sheer joy in the expression of your middle beauty and the emotion of the dread locked man below her The individualistic aspects of all of them shine. Just pure damn talent :D c:!
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:29 am

Seems Verve is became your second hand! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:55 am

Man, Knacki, those are fantastic and the best "Thank You" straight for my heart, really. :hug:
You know, your frustration shows me nothing but love and real care, even when it comes in form of flying daggers, hahaha, but I dare not dodge them, for they mean the world to me, too. I cannot wait to bring my power back to Verve and punch in all the ideas that are piling up for years now. I can't wait to give you something much more magical and also to join back in with actually using Verve and paint! c:!
Seeing your incredible collection there makes me want to paint again, too, so very much! :hyper:
...wonder how rusty I may have become?! :shrug: :oops: ...but well, riding a bike and such.
By the way, I'm also incredibly proud of all of us and what forum we are creating here together. It's all about moving forward for each of us and our journey into such an important part within us and how to share it. I love that with all my heart, even as it hurts when I can't participate as much as I would love to. But that time shall come again!
Again: :hug: and :bow:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Holy cows - that GaryOldman thing is crazy-good :o
We all know that verve at its core is fluid dynamics engine, and yet this portrait/face work shows how good verve is at handling border/threshold conditions of primary functionality, non-fluidity.
Especially if in right hands. The new ones look as if they are almost 90-100% chalk, pencil academic drawings 8-)
Knacki has cracked the verve "nut".
I also stand behind phrase thrown here - verve (and way how it works) is basically the only thing why i want to paint and draw something digitally, ...something of a full, more or less detailed image and not just quick storyboard small size concept picture. I happen to use Krita also here and there for one,two lasting hobby art projects, for their really quick, small, raw sketches. Its .... okay, mainly. But what i found is that when i want the whole ride to be enjoyed, whole image creation process, then it is absolutely clear at that moments why verve shortcut is on my desktop always and forever, exactly two clicks away.

Taron, what specifically is scaring you in idea of transferring code to C++? It's that famous manual garbage collecting thing or something even more lethal potentially?
Wasn't that Stroustrup himself said something along the lines that with C its easy to shoot yourself in the foot, and C++ makes it harder to do that, but if you do it will "shoot" your whole leg away?
It's that thing?

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:25 pm

Wrong thread for that, but what scares me most is the redistributables or runtime libraries and all that jazz. I have a hard time getting comfortable with those for some reason. :shrug:

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Aaarrgghh, ...that's right, sorry folks - i forgot and was unconscious (until now, when you reminded me) that there was a whole thread more for development side of verve :roll:

Still looking to knacki's latest drawings :?
How does one customize brushes like that :? ....
The hair on smiling girl - its really, really look like pencil :?

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:23 am

Thank you guys, for everything. A discussion about verve dev is most welcome.
Unfortunately I can’t contribute much regarding C+.
But I can answer your last question intars.
The pencil look is mainly achieved by background texture. These pics are not done in verve but on ipads Infinite painter which gives you the possibility to define a texture for your brush and for you canvas.
This is a combination of same texture in brush and background.

The texture calculation of Infinite Painter is not as sophisticated as in verve. It’s more a revealing, no real interaction. But with a lot back and forth it can feel quite well.
For erasing i.e. I used an inverted texture.

All this is included in verves interaction with canvas already. I am quite sure, with some testing and correct texture it would look and feel even more realistic in verve.
It’s just that desktop computer / office time is working time for me now a-days.
Drawing dun is on ipad anywhere else.
Yeah, and sure, those progs have some more functions. But what I would say is missing most of the time is select and transform (scale rotate) and a one click liquify. Ar least for me.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Ha! As soon as one opens verve, one is entering a complete different space of creativity. No app is like verve and whenever I start, I just fall in love again.

Today, there was a request in Procreate forum to add canvas spinning. Phhh. Verve is the only app alowwing real magic and generating wonderful pics in seconds.
Waterblobs5.jpg
Waterblobs5.jpg (201.41 KiB) Viewed 8057 times

Waterblobs5Fluid.jpg
Waterblobs5Fluid.jpg (194.5 KiB) Viewed 8057 times

RotatingFluids.jpg
RotatingFluids.jpg (237.64 KiB) Viewed 8057 times

So I recomanded all to use this wonderful app instaed of non fluid nonsense.

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm

One more - heck I am feeling sick now :D

Waterblobs5Fluid3.jpg
Waterblobs5Fluid3.jpg (234.73 KiB) Viewed 8057 times

As a reminder: regular + or minus for rotating canvas. Home to stop (very important break before vomitting :D )

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:23 pm

Ahahaha, :lol: Knacki in a great mood again, that's awesome! :hyper:
How you were doing this to yourself, I don't know, but especially the last one came out fantastic! c:!
...just make sure you don't listen to any bad suggestions while working on those! :? :lol: :twisted:
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks