Intars' gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:25 am

Re: Intars' gallery

Ehehehe, I may never get desperate enough to play a 95 fps game, haha, but I was properly surprised to see how crude games still were then. I think, back then I still had the Amiga running, too.

Well, if you just want to have some fun programming, you should consider looking into BlitzMax. To make a little game with it is really pleasant. But even then it's amazing how much work can go into the smallest of games, if you want for it to have all components. I did a bunch of tiny half-baked games with it, too. The last one I posted here some years back..."Vapor" I called it, I believe. I got and still get a big kick out of making everything procedural, using no graphic assets except for a font.

If you want to, we can someday have a look at something together. Might be fun! :hyper:

Thanks for digging up that youtube clip! :ob
Here to help! :D
http://www.taron.de
System Info: NVidia Gforce GTX 970, 2x 8core Xeon (2.67 Ghz), Windows 7

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:49 pm

reminds me bit of CASTLE OF WOLFENSTEIN - the oldest of the game-series and bit of terminator :beer:
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:13 am

"The castle of Miles Dyson (from Cyberdyne Systems)" :lol:

Small, tiny game/interactive graphics programming as an exercise and skill polishing routine do crosses my mind more often. I am in my last (3rd) year of university
bachelor's degree quest and i will have to deal with gathered knowledge defragmentation anyway. It is nothing unusual to me and somewhat expected - many courses
that we learn are not properly connected between each other and programming courses were also taught in "scattered" manner. So, it will be up to me surely to do
the job shortly after university to "connect the dots", polish and systematize programming skills in some unified manner.

Mini-game programming is good candidate of exercise type. So, maybe some day we might give a shot to some experimental co-op, once i feel more confident in my skills.
For now i am bad but very enthusiastic potential programmer (as i jokingly refer to me and some of our course group colleagues in university). There is a huge black hole in
our formal knowledge about data structures and their implementation in code - in university we got only theory of it.

By the way, when i first time tried verve for some pixel art, it crossed my mind in a form of speculative thought of how interestingly could some hypothetical game
really look like if it's all pixel art assets would be created in vervepainter...
Of course the way how vervepainter works goes somewhat counter to how pixel art used to be created, but still - thought does not leaves me :ud:

And now some picture. This is work in progress snaps, and i intentionally show only parts and in a way as to maximally conceal and confuse of what it actually could be 8-)
Because there is quite a probability that if shown too much, many (if not most of you) would quickly recall somehow from your memories what fictional universe does this
new wip image encompasses - and that would spoil the chances for final drawing to bring some little surprise moment with it. I am still working on this new drawing little
by little with a finish line on a horizon already...
Actually, i think at the end some people may even question me why the hell i even made such odd drawing :)
Something of nostalgia and fond collection of memories is the reason. You will see in a days.
Attachments
someWorkInProgress2(2020 march).JPG
someWorkInProgress2(2020 march).JPG (78.1 KiB) Viewed 2568 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 am

Congratulations, you've made me very curious! :hyper:
Yeah, I'm having some bizarre fun right now, doing some javascript coding! :ugeek: ...as soon as it's presentable, I'll let y'all have some fun with it, too. But it really is a fantastic exercise in the first place. I can truly recommend javascript! :ob
There, too, is loads to learn, but it's so accessible and quick, while still providing the full spectrum of coding and on the fly choices of programming styles.

Anyway, can't wait to see what you've got cooking!
(Thanks, Pilou, but let's keep Intars' excellent Gallery clean! Off-Topic is a good place to share extra ideas. :ugeek: ) :ob
Here to help! :D
http://www.taron.de
System Info: NVidia Gforce GTX 970, 2x 8core Xeon (2.67 Ghz), Windows 7

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:56 am

great the terminators pixel art
congrats.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.flickr.com/photos/eduardobedoya
System: Intel Xeon E5-2690, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M, Windows 8
Verve Wishlist:
- LS/H color pallete