Verving the Pipeline: Multi Program Workflow

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Site Admin

Post Sun May 10, 2020 6:17 am

Re: Verving the Pipeline: Multi Program Workflow

Jeeez, wow, this is "hyper crisp", hehe. Did you accessorize her, or is that a whole preset? Looks like she's wearing a cell phone, too... :hihi: ...very funny! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun May 10, 2020 11:33 am

Thanks Taron,

Too many times I use commercial products and don't credit them. If I were to list them all I wouldn't have time to write lol. In the 90swhen Daz3D was also Zygote (Zygote still exists and is geared toward the medical industry and 3D) the only items that the early Poser 3d artists had to work with were free and made by the community or sold by Zygote which also provided Poser with it's early and free models. As time went on Things changed and different sites started offering a place where the aspiring model deisgner could possibly make a very good living doing what they enjoyed the most.

This set that I have Feralis wearing is actually a mix and match between 3 different modelers. Highly detailed both in terms of geometry and materials for the texture. A lot of times I have to back and clean up the model and retexture. No need this time. Pro all the way. You are right. It does look like she has a cell phone LOL. She is one of Red Betty's old friends but she doesn't get this gear until much later in the story. For now she is in starter gear rags.

The modelers are not just exclusive to the Pros. There are a lot of Freebies out there that can be used commerically as long as the original artist is given credit. This is the most important credit to give because they are basically giving new and old 3D artists some really nice assets. In other cases they give me a headache as I repair items but its's all good. No one person can make all the assets needed for a large scale project of this type.

It is amazing to me to see how far we have come since the 90's, so I want to give my gratitude to the hard work the modelers put in that allow me to be the Director :)

Ok now that I have that off my chest. This was just supposed to be a character sheet with 3 elements against an all black background but I couldn't resist using a fractal I created and altered. The sequence would be Feralis normal to the moon indicating change to the final anthromorph pose. That piece needs to have the blend brush taken to it especially under the anthromorphs chin and that distinct blue but if it is to be done as a standalone work then the antromorph needs to come out and the background altered. Stylistically I really pushed the crispness lol. Those accessories pop using HD.

This can be used for a title page like "Welcome to Imp Online". Assuming I use this background. The title would be changed considerably as far as look goes. Something more elaborate but this gives the ldea. This could also be broken down into a paperback cover using the left side.

Back to work later. i want to try a certain new program for blending :)
Welcome.jpg
Welcome.jpg (356.29 KiB) Viewed 6586 times
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Sun May 10, 2020 11:48 am

Oh, you most certainly will need a more dramatic font! 8-)
Thanks for the explanation and history lesson, hehehe, that's interesting! I have always rather totally ignored all of these things, especially back then. It's curious to me now, probably more than ever, because I am trying to think of ways to reach more people. Seems like this stuff has reached a heck of a lot of people and still does. To me it's merely about the nature of the accessibility of assets, their nature and ways to use them for the people.
When I made the quick background music tracks for our White Rabbit CAD videos, I've used a few presets of sounds, which I normally never do, but just to get something interesting going it was very pleasant to do that. This experience along with what you are doing here is teaching me a great deal! That's sweet! :ob

Post Sun May 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Remember one that I made with free MagicVoxel :)
Last edited by Pilou on Sun May 10, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Sun May 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Uh, snap, that would fit quite well and is indeed similar! Nice! I smell a collaboration coming... :) c:!

Post Sun May 10, 2020 5:07 pm

I think that would rock Pilou :D You can be my letterer hehe :beer: If you feel like playing with it here is an unsullied version :) Don't worry about size. I can recover detail in Topaz Gigapixel :D
Great idea Taron! I am starting to feel re-inspired to write again.almost forgot. The pieces you did for white rabbit, even using presets and I imagine a few chords of your own were original for what you were doing. That was cool and did what you wanted :ob
Imp Online.jpg
Imp Online.jpg (415.02 KiB) Viewed 6576 times

Site Admin

Post Sun May 10, 2020 6:21 pm

Ahaha, nah, the whole music, composition, arrangement and mixing is all genuinely mine along with a number of sounds and all automation, of course. It's just that I used some preset sounds, like the opening sound, which is only slightly tweaked preset straight out of U-He's Hive 2, for which I did a demo track a while back, where I was forced to only use presets to show it off, hehehe, so...that's a funny coherence. As well as some of the rhythmic looping sounds, which are from U-He's Diva. But it's all my compositions, of course. Normally, even in music I am an absolute purist, even into the drums, which most often I do from scratch. Here and there, over the years, I would use some sampled drumkits, but rarely. Probably safe to say that 98% of all the music I've made is with 100% of my own sound designs as well going as far as having written the synth for them, too, hahaha... jeee, how can I be broke, damn it. :PP :shrug: ...makes me wonder just how delusional I must be, somehow believing my stuff has value... weird. I safe my sanity by claiming that I'm just a rotten businessman, who'd do well to be more of a rotten businessman, hahaha! :lol:

Post Mon May 11, 2020 9:19 am

Of course they are of worth. Nothing delusional about it. The problem is the same as always. Marketing yourself. Talent and skill is great but without proper marketing .... :hug: I will make the suggestion that in order to promote the sound you should make a movie and kick it to You Tube with emphasis on music and art. I would be glad to help :)

I have been looking up examples of 3d freebies and I can say some of the examples are really incredible. This is a great way for a budding renderer to start. I think I may use this suit also lol It looks very well made. https://www.deviantart.com/ultimate-cla ... -807715705 I am going to start posting to the freeware thread with well made and free items.

Also a very nice HDRI site https://hdrihaven.com/

Efforts like this are a huge boost to both old veterans and new artists

Post Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 pm

I tried for a bit murkier style on this one and it represents the first stage for completing a quest in Imp Online named "Bring me the Heart of the Goblin Girl" The main subject here is a Troll who has been cursed. Curing him of the curse that has him rooted to the ground and undergoing a long difficult path to petrification will allow him to talk and join the party. Thinking on it he could be compared to the Tin Man of Oz.
Bring Me the Heart of the Goblin Girl Part 1.jpg
Bring Me the Heart of the Goblin Girl Part 1.jpg (327.98 KiB) Viewed 6451 times

Post Thu May 21, 2020 10:13 pm

You speak about Topaz Gigapixel...I have this other one but with max of *4 against your maxi *6 but it's free! ;)
These programs are magic if you accept some little artifact sometime following the images uploaded...

About create something ...i am affraid that is not the moment I discover another tricky things :oops:
Ubisoft offers 2 progs about Egypt & Grece Ancient (Assasin's Creed) but without fights & blood!!!
Just a walking for the pleasure of eyes and ears because people speak Grec ancient! :mrgreen:
An educational visit! :ob And some astonished about the mood! :shock:
Alas for you this offer stopped at 21 mai... :?

Your images are always percuting! It's for a book ?
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz
PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic