After the Hurricane

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:52 am

After the Hurricane

Finally I can rest a bit. I have been a little more than 2 weeks without power or internet in the aftermath of Hurricane Michael. I wasn't too far out of it's path and it wrecked my place. As you can see my truck, tractor and rv are fine. That one spot is the only area that trees or branches didn't come down. There are around 30 downed trees in my yard. I brought in a couple of men with chainsaws and they cut most of the trees up that needed it so we could clear paths. They also took off the one tree that impacted my house. The damage could be worse. Fema will pay for repairs. Cost me 3000 for the chain saw work and I still need to cleanl. I just bought the tractor brand new but I was thinking more of clearing my property down at the coast and road maintenance (I live pretty deep in the woods) not tree removal. I am expecting to pay another 2 thousand for a grappler for the tractor. I am kind of worried about how many trees might be down at my other property. I need to get down there and see lol. I will update tomorrow and post the pictures of after the chainsaw work and before the clean up.
thumbnail_IMG_3135.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3135.jpg (447.93 KiB) Viewed 8804 times

thumbnail_IMG_3142.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3142.jpg (644.9 KiB) Viewed 8804 times

thumbnail_IMG_3140.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3140.jpg (668.16 KiB) Viewed 8804 times

thumbnail_IMG_3145.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3145.jpg (384.18 KiB) Viewed 8804 times
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:15 am

Re: After the Hurricane

Phew... sort of dodged a bullet, I guess. Some amazing pictures, though! Well, I had no idea you had a hurricane, so... now I'm just happy you're fine and things appear manageable. Thanks for the update and welcome back! :hug:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:20 pm

I asume you are with good health Thomas, I'm glad that it is so
hope you could overcome the material cost of this strike,
beautiful truck btw,
welcome back, best wishes. :hug:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 pm

"08.08.2017 - The US Department of Agriculture has forbidden the use of the words 'climate change'. "

Seems that since words are forbidden, obvious signs are given.
We all need to do something! Drive as less as possible in small energy efficient cars. Safe air con and heating with good isolations, switch those fucking lights off, when you don't need it.Unplug unneeded charger (Uuugh, there are some plugged right now while I am writing this.)
Those who are around fifty do know what will come since they are young adults, and we haven't changed - no we have been worst generation ever and fully responsible. Each one of us. We are no victims.

Good that you are fine tartan. All the best for next days and that you'll have some quite years ahead now.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Thank you for posting these photos and welcome back to life, Tartan! I hope you and your family are still ok. :hug:

..mankind often doesnt realize that just a little natural catastrophe can stop our life.. In any case our Sun will do that work.

Return to Off Topic