Graphic Tablets What are you using?

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Sat May 20, 2023 1:25 pm

Graphic Tablets What are you using?

Hi,

I am still on my old Wacom Intous 3 and I still like it. But with the driver support it will only be a matter of time and I want to ask, what is the latest and greatest and what are you guys using to paint?
I am wondering if it has to be a screen tablet? Or just the plain old school tablet without a screen?
There are low budget ones like the Wacom One or the Wacom Contiq 16 (not pro)? Are they good enough or does one need to spend more money?
Is it still Wacom? There are plenty of new players on the market (which are most of the time cheaper, too)?

You see I have a lot of question :ugeek: :hyper: so all opinions are very welcome c:!

Site Admin

Post Sun May 21, 2023 8:24 am

Re: Graphic Tablets What are you using?

Thanks to Pud I'm on the Wacom Intuos Pro from a few years ago. It's good! :ugeek:
I don't think you'll have to worry about drivers for the Intuos 3, which is a great tablet. But I'm curious, too, what others are using.
Those screen tablets have always been a little off-putting to me, because you can so clearly feel the delay. But with a proper graphics card I'm sure they are quite wonderful. Never had one myself, though. :shrug:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:00 am

Dines I have been looking closely at Wacom One.. I finally found my own tablet A wacom Photo, Comic tablet made in 2015. Still on the edge about the Wacom One. c:! :ob Edit: I thnk the Wacom One is merely a monitor. A Cintiq Pro is a different beast entirely.
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:35 am

Well, Wacom certainly advertises the Wacom One as a tablet, like a cheap Cintiq, so to say. Looks interesting, but the questions are how well would 1920x1080 work on the display, ...eh... I had more questions, but could answer them myself:
• pen pressure levels are 4096
• pen tilt works

But, yeah... well, it's interesting. The relatively low display resolution is a little concerning.

Post Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:21 pm

I am also using Wacom Cintiq 16

Post Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:40 pm

Using a HUION Kamvas 22 +, great and cheap alternative to the expensive CINTIQs. Highly recommended.

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:35 pm

So the HUION work well with Verve? That's excellent to know, thank you! :ob
That 22 Plus looks like one that would make my list to Santa! :lol:
...but then I'd really need a proper computer again, too. I love my little Beelink, but..eh... no VRam, all mobile components, hahaha. It's great for Verve development, though, and really makes me want to write faster running code! :geek: :bounce:

Post Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:12 pm

I recommend exploring options like the Wacom One or XP-Pen Artist series for affordable screen tablets. Non-screen tablets like the Wacom Intuos Pro remain popular for digital art as well. It's worth considering your preferences and budget before deciding, as newer brands like XP-Pen offer competitive features at a lower cost.JT Whatsapp

Return to Off Topic