Verve, Artbreeder and 21st Century Art Education:

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:41 pm

Re: Verve, Artbreeder and 21st Century Art Education:

Cool mood scene! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:08 pm

Looks like a classic graphic novel style! Very cool! 8-)
Yeah, nah, I mean AI to help teach yourself. Like when you do an elf, for example and then would feed this footage into the AI and ask for an elf. You could then observe if it did anything "better". Even anatomical studies could work well.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:45 am

That would be cool. With Cass and her feral ears, I am going to have to take a scorched earth approach and get rid of the ears entirely. They are too prominent a feature for the A.I. to ignore at 30%. and always show in different seeds. Too bad 30% is just strong enough remove my attempts at fur as she is still in transition from alien dog woman to normal human. Hmmm where are my clippers :)
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:00 pm

Hehehehe... :hihi: ...wonder if you can instruct the AI to keep the fur?

Post Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:15 pm

I dont like AI generated art (ok, I played also with artbreeder a bit, but thats not art, this is randomized pixel-mixing by ai) - its more scary than funny and can destroy careers in digiatl art - https://www.technologyreview.com/2022/0 ... -about-it/
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:57 pm

It will absolutely destroy plenty of art careers. Sifting through many genres and ambitions. But it will all be well again at the end. Don't worry about that. However, it is creating a lot of chaos right now and has only begun to do so. At the height of the chaos will come a sort of creative depression. At the end the AI will likely become a standard tool and take over certain genres, probably similar to 3D rendering in a way, except with a broader application spectrum. But then will re-emerge a new kind of artist, who understands the essence of what their art really wants to be and has to be. True soul will have to shine through more clearly, more distinctly with greater deliberation, but also skill. Already now you can almost instantly feel the difference between AI and "traditional" creations. I'm almost excited about how things will be. But, again, there will be a pretty harsh and deep depression for many.
Also, as I said up there already, AI can and will be useful as teaching/learning aid. It doesn't have to be so "explicitly", but simply by access to certain results, artists will be able to learn more quickly and directly.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:27 am

Oh I have my fears about Art A.I. also but I tend to agree that a new type of artist will emerge also. Goes back to the term that "Things Change". But it can definitely be a Learning tool and perhaps help traditional art. By the way I am now classifying all preexisting art mediums before widespread A.I. use traditional including 3d and of course Verve and Vervette ;) :beer: c:!

Now then we already have a full grasp on negative effects. Why don't we examine a particular and overriding Possible benefit? The group I am referring to as a collective: The Handicapped. This is not just about Art A.I... It's about the ability for the mind to move the brushes and push the buttons. It's about Therapy and Being able to give those less fortunate physically than us a means of expression that has never existed before in the history of Mankind. In many ways it is about freedom. I see a lot of benefits as well as downfalls.

Ok but I diverge. Hmmm Education in a new era hand in hand with an old era. Anyone that has attended an art class remembers their first art teacher. For me it was a lady who gave art lessons in her studio. But she wasn't being paid to instruct Me. She was being paid to instruct my Twin brother who is quite talented in his own ways and became an architect. But I tagged along much to my brother's dismay and paid attention to all the art exhibits in the main room. I kept my eyes and ears open listening to the advice she would give him. I soaked it up and hit the height of my sketching powers around 19. Then quit entirely. But it's strange to me that the first activities she gave me to keep me out of her hair while she taught my brother were Collages. She gave me a pile of magazines. A pair of scissors. A bottle of glue and a 4-foot by 4-foot stiff cardboard back, And I would sit there envisioning scenes and happily snipping and gluing away. Now in the Collage AI I have gone full circle.

Anyway, the set I am posting is based off the top left Verve I did when I started learning Verve. Cassandra. Taron, I had already tried dog fur as a descriptive but not furry in the AI description.
Remember this is all at 30% AI. The last image I am not fond of but shows full AI based on description and image. It would probably trend at art breeder close to the top lol. Furry brought out the rabbit in her in one but the path to a canine look is the top right. :hihi: :D S
comparisons.jpg
comparisons.jpg (252.15 KiB) Viewed 2386 times

full ai.jpeg
full ai.jpeg (91.3 KiB) Viewed 2386 times

Post Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:54 pm

Does "Collage Ai" a specific prog or a generic one ?
Last edited by Pilou on Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:45 pm

That is funny! Has the AI concluded that bat ears are most likely fitting the source?! :hihi: :ob
Definitely looks kinda sexy! :D

Post Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:01 pm

Pilou, Artbreeder is split into 2 methods, Splicer and Collage. Collage is the one I work with now and is the only one in that category. Splice includes all the rest of their categories.

Taron, yah but it reminds me of something a high-class model would wear at an Otaku Fur Convention :D :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic