Dev Diary

Latest release, log of changes and documentation

Forum rules
Please, include some information about your computer setup (desktop or laptop, graphics hardware, OS)! That will help a great deal to figure out troubles, if there were some.

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:25 am

Re: Dev Diary

Hey, hope you are doing good. Care to share some news about how development is going? IF is going of course ;)

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:17 am

I'm about to have to do a little touch screen version of the "old" version, but it'll get me back into the swing of things, I think. I've been really taking a bit of a break, letting ideas simmer whilst doing some other stuff. I'll be back on track in no time! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Nice to see you keeping it up. Just bought SP3 few months ago and had a go with your painting tool. Amazing stuff, yet a bit tedious to work with, due to high dpi and weird controls but got use to it anyways. Thank you.
Do you have any path/plans lay out? Is 'accelerator' control possible for dripping directions?

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:36 am

Ah, Surface Pro 3, I guess? The speed is alright with it? :? I just don't know... :shrug:
I've really been curious about it, too, though! :geek:

Anyway, yeah, loads and loads upon loads of improvements and additions, including forces to influence the dynamics, yes. I'm still trying to think of even stronger paint behaviors, which keep you in control, you know. The more simulation is going on, the more it can go out of hand, as we already know, hahaha...it's rough, man. I've tamed it tremendously and my latest developments really feel solid in that regard. But the better it feels, the more I wish it would have more natural traits and also some more fantastical potential, too, hehe, still acting predictably or- at least- logically and most certainly usable.

With "dpi" you mean the GUI resolution is too small, right? I've already changed up the GUI dramatically, but also am working on making it customizable in many ways, including size control. Haven't hooked that up, yet, but it's part of my plan. I'm having this rotten Cintiq companion, that really helps me to experience certain tablet needs, you know. :roll: :lol:

But, yeah, there's a lot left to explore for sure. If you want to see what's been suggested thus far and how I've reacted, hehe, you can always have a look at the "suggestions" thread.

Thanks, already, for trying it out on the SP3 and your feedback!

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:12 am

Just a little note : does multi-language (UI) is previewed in the next opus :?:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:44 pm

I registered for the sole purpose of telling you to keep up the great work on this - I really, really want this, but it doesn't work on my system. I'm using a Gateway all-in-one computer (CPU behind monitor) that is about five? years old now. As such it doesn't have a dedicated GPU and the programme doesn't work for me! I get an ACCESS_EXCEPTION_VIOLATION when trying to run it (Quad Core system, 4 Gigs memory, running Win 8.1). Admin mode doesn't work either. Compatibility checks failed also. SO disappointed!

I know nothing about this programme being ported over to tablets but I think you should consider that - you're onto a winner, I feel.

You can add me to any newsletters (didn't see one shown anywhere) since I want to be reminded of this when I finally get a new computer.

Edit: It was Frenchy Pilou who brought me over here from ZBrushCentral...

Edit (again). Looks like I posted in wrong forum. Please feel free to move.

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Ah, lensman, THANK YOU! I'm sorry to hear about those troubles, but Verve is truly hardware driven and simply depends on a decent graphics card. These fairly high-resolution fluids can't be adequately processed in real time otherwise, as far as I can tell. In fact, what gives Verve the edge is that it's almost completely running on the graphics hardware, giving it the powerful speed at massive brush sizes and allows for the kind of blending mechanics it has. So, even if I were to leave out the fluids, purely software driven it wouldn't be that much joy.

Apparently it runs quite ok on Surface Pro 2 and probably 3 tablets, but I haven't tried those, yet. I'm running it occasionally for testing on a Cintiq Companion, but...eh...wouldn't recommend it at all. :? :shrug:

Anyway, thanks again, I'm really happy you joined and hope to see you use it sometime soon as I also will try to finally wrap up the next version.

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 am

Taron, nice to hear that. Thanks on info. Anticipating your next release :ob
Verve runs smoothly on Surface pro3 (i5, 8GBram, intelHD4400). Occasionally it heats up due to 'physic simulations' but that's all in order. Never crashed on me and i treated it as a stationary or ordinary PC. Am truly happy with it.
Things bothering me is that everything revolves mainly around mouse & keyboard so gestures & multitouch support are worst of all compared to other systems (OS, android...). But at least there's a two button pen, AHK (AutoHotKeys) & ArtDock (still bit buggy).
Scalable & customizable UI would be great, such as with http://www.paintstormstudio.com/index.html.
But for now it's only lack of experience that's holding me back. Must exercise more. c:!

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:44 am

Ah, great, thanks, that's good to know! :ob
Yeah, I'm already having scalability on my mind for the GUI as well as customizing, actually, but it'll be some time. I might do a release along the way without everything being finished, but we shall see! :geek:

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:27 pm

Hehe, Taron, when I see you have last post in the "Downloads & Info" thread my heart always jumps with the words on my lips "new version is out"..
May I ask about the progress, Taron? :)
PreviousNext

Return to Downloads & Info