Suddenly became very slow?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:38 am

Suddenly became very slow?

Hi, I have been using Verve for a few weeks and I am currently doing the picture of a barred owl but Verve has suddenly become very slow to the point where I cannot finish this. It's weird because the last time I used it, it was working great and all suddenly, not sure why, it is very slow to work with. I have not change anything on my system but there were some window 10 update I guess. What could be causing the software to be so slow and is there a way to fix it? Last time I worked on this file it was working with a normal speed. I have high res turned OFF.

thanks!

Here is the picture of the current work:

http://www.pbase.com/zylen/image/164831934

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Suddenly became very slow?

Oh, that's GORGEOUS!
But watch out, because your card may be overheating, maybe because of dust buildup on your fans! Open you computer and clean it, just to make sure! Software wise it should not have dramatic slowdowns for no reason. Tell me a little more about your graphics card, please, so I can think about other reasons! :geek:

Anyway, I just looked around your gallery and you're doing some beautiful work! I'm thrilled to have you on board! :beer:
And are those Canadians STILL hunting harp seals? Arrrrrgggghhhh... :evil: ...that's like one of the rare things that makes me want to hurt humans or at least really put them into a deprogramming camp. Completely psychopathic.
Come to think of it, I believe this is purely ritualistic, some sort of demonic attempt to bring down the level of global empathy. Virtually all industrial slaughter is not for the food supply, but to lower humanities sensibility and empathy, as weird as this may sound. We live in a mad world, but all the more we must pull ourselves together and remind us of the power of love we all share, raise our empathy towards each other and everything.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not religious in any dogmatic sense, but I value certain ideas that scriptures of all religions try to convey. Christianity has Jesus, the proto-human, who tries to tell us just that by suggesting to present our other cheek, when we got smacked. This is not about pacifism, but about maintaining our humanity, even if an impulse of vengeance brews to a boil within us. Now, I personally would hope that those hunters and butchers were ready to present their other cheek, haha, but that's not very Christian of me, I'm afraid. :oops:

Anyway, I salute you for your bio's tagline, but don't forget to be proud to be a human, considering what beautiful work you can do, because you are such a wonderful one! c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks! you made me blush :oops:

My graphic card is a Nvidia 960 with 4 gb of ram and the computer is pretty new, so I doubt it's dirty inside. The strange thing is the last time I opened this file it was working fast, and now I reopen it after a week or so and it's slow and I have no change anything.
I have Dell computer with 24 gb ram and windows 10. I will try to install a software for monitoring my graphic card CPU temperature and see what I get. I was thinking maybe there was some window update that screwed some of my graphic card parameters? I will see if I can update the drive as well.

As for the harp seal, I am not sure what's going on with this but it seems there is no market for it. I am a member of the Sea Shepherd and I donated to stop this so not all Canadians are happy about this stupid hunting. I know the Sea Shepherd have been harassing them and taking photographs of those hunters, plus a lot of countries have banned the seal products from Canada, so there is no market for it any longer so what's the point killing those animals? It's a delicate matter too because those men don't have much to survive on up north and this is an income for them, so it will be hard to get them to drop their sometime only source of income. But this is nothing compared to what the Japanese are doing to whales and dolphins! I also donated for the whales campaign. Oh well, humans are disgusting sometimes. Last week we found a poor baby deer with an arrow in it's flank, poor thing had been shot with an arbalest by a poacher in the middle of our little city park and was still alive and limping around with that arrow.

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Awww, man, that's terrible. I hope you get the poor thing up and running again?! :|

Sooooo...960 is a good card, so that is really a weird one. I'm not a fan of win10 thus far from what I've seen, but I still run win7 and 8.1 (on Cintiq Companion - garbage). Anyhow, what you could do, if you don't mind, is send me the project file, maybe via wetransfer or your ftp? I can at least check, if it behaves normally over here?! :shrug:

We'll figure this out! I really want to see you finish this beautiful masterpiece! c:!

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 am

Hi, I figured it out. I had a photograph in the background and this is what was causing the problem. I had to erase it (clear) and reload it and after that it was back to normal. It seems that somehow it changed the resolution? not sure how this work. So now it's back to a more responsive control and I will be able to finish it! It's really a great software and I like it a lot!

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 am

That makes me very, very happy to hear, Daniella! :)
(I need to add one of those "phew" emoticons, hehe!) :ugeek:

I keep thinking about Newfoundland and what I'd try to do there. Naturally, it's virtually impossible for me to imagine what it's like, but as with any remote area, I keep thinking about useful enterprises that could take advantage of the environment in some way that might benefit mankind. There are some rather mysterious aspects of existence to consider, such as Epigenetics and even the esoteric soul-plans, making one question the purpose of being born into such a world and how ready people may be to approach technology with some altruistic agenda. We are generally raised without any real understanding of collective well-being and how to apply ourselves to it. "Obey the system, work to succeed, earn money to survive, consume, submit!" all this insanity. We're being pressured to fend for ourselves properly from an early age..."you gotta do this, gotta do that, have to listen, assert yourself to get ahead...", all this for yourself, all focus on yourself and maybe those, who directly depend on you. But to realize that each of us actually functions for all of us has almost gotten impossible nowadays and for a long time already.
I believe, extreme places like that far north could be great places to research and develop alternative housing/architecture, integrated agriculture and energy technologies...all aiming for natural integration into the environment, similar to "Earthships" or in the same spirit, while exploring more reasonable/conventional materials, including a real revival of geopolymers for construction and proper use as thermal mass and so on...
...get kids excited about combining technology and nature and offer education into also virtual fields so that they could contribute and connect more directly to the larger world without feeling abandoned in the wilderness, so to say. I would try to study what excited people there and what gives them a sense of fulfillment. There's everything right about being fisher, seller, cook, construction worker, general service provider, all the normal useful jobs are important and full of purpose. If your work contributes to the function of the community, you are part of this function, no matter what. There should be no conceivable reason for envy or strive, but to create such a deeply seeded health in the spirit of a community requires some heavy deprogramming for the healing process, I"m afraid. In essence, they'd have to be cut off from TV Networks, hahahaha... DOH! :PP

Anyway...again, I can't imagine what it's really like to be born into Newfoundland and- frankly- it's not in my "soul-plan", but I'd love to imagine that the right kind of ideas may come to turn things around for the better up there and maybe even start an improved society for all of us, who knows?! Trouble is, those in the know already understand that a real improvement is too dangerous for our current world-systems and every time a sign flares up, it gets demonized and destroyed as quickly and quietly as possible and as loud as it has to be. Luckily Newfoundland is not really a pivotal place in terms of resources or influence, as far as I can tell. They may just have a real chance, hehe. :shrug:

Sorry for "dreaming out loud" a little. I just wonder about these things, wonder about these people. Few people are born psychopaths, which means that even those, who somehow get brainwashed to kill the cutest of beings, suffer a great loss of self for doing so and harden beyond reason. They don't kill them for themselves...it's the perversion of the heads of society that "provides the clubs", just like in so many other ways it does it to so many other people.

Dang, I'm so way off topic...maybe I should start a thread there for some naive dreaming of a better world, hehe! :|

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]