Upcoming version....

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am

Upcoming version....

I leave the subject vague, because I may use the topic more often, hehehe... :hihi: ...anyway:
I so would love to throw the next version at you already, because I'm so excited about it.... :hyper: ...but it's still a bit buggy and clumsy. However, you can be sure you will have the first ever color correction tool in Verve. It's a curious hybrid of Levels and Curves, in a way, while it presents itself like Levels. Rather than the Photoshop implementation of it (or all common takes on "levels") I decided to switch it around and allow you to move the histogram around. You will be able to do a number of things you may have never thought of doing before, actually, and what comes out of it is pretty freaking magical. I've also added the ability to modify the material amount the same way you modify the colors.
HOWEVER, it's really weird at first and may puzzle you a bit. Some stuff surprised me myself, I have to admit. My way of adjusting luminosity, for example, doesn't squish colors, but actually preserves them. This is very, very strange, you will see. I may change that still, but we shall see. It will all be a matter of actually putting this stuff to use and see how it acts. Thus far I'm nearly exclusively thrilled about it, but...yeah... I'm pretty afraid that you won't. :ud:

The upshot, however, is this: Verve is about to have color correction and it's damn easy to hook up the ordinary stuff, like you know it. But isn't that a little boring? :shrug: ...ANYWAY, it's possible and the path is now given!
I want to add a few more convenience features to it, which I haven't yet, such as fading or blending between original and modified version, restore previous adjustments, save adjustments, this sort of stuff. Oh yeah, that's another weird thought, considering my version... the adjustments you make are based on the image's histogram. If you were saving such adjustments and would try to apply them to another image, hmmmm....haha, I don't even know what would happen than, yet. :shrug: :lol: :oops: ...eh, well, we shall see! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:53 am

Re: Upcoming version....

:bounce:
System: 2.8 GHz Q. Core Xeon E5462 x2 / EVGA GeForce GTX 770 / Windows 7 / 6GB Ram

Post Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Oh you tease!
What deliciously thrilling ambiguity and anticipation!
What a great way to bring in the new year.
Wohooooooo!
2018 the year of Verve!
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 am

WOW :bounce: it looks very promising! We definitely missed color corrections in Verve! 8-) And why not if we get some unanticipated behavior? Sometimes bugs are the way to find even better results. :)

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Wehehelll.... enough teasing! The version is up! Give it a go! ;)

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Hohoho, thank you!! I briefly tested in my office and it works like a charm! We don´t need to use PS for color corrections anymore! :)
I have found just one small bug, if I start layer FX dialog on empty start project, it is all black (I have Radeon). Maybe some initialization issue? But nobody wants to amend empty canvas so it is not important..

:ob :bow:

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Oh, if there are no pixels, there's no histogram, thus it will be all black. Unless it somehow makes your canvas all black, that would be a bug, of course! Let me know! And thanks for testing it so quickly! :hug:

ALSO, I should add that it only modifies pixels, not an empty background or the canvas texture!!! :geek:

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:04 pm

And where is this new suggar candy ? :beer:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:40 pm

[Ctrl]+[L] .... enjoy! ;)

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 am

Yes, canvas is all black. On empty canvas after CTRL+L I got a result on the picture 1 and when I try the second round and press CTRL+L again I got the result 2.
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (70.6 KiB) Viewed 15147 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (63.25 KiB) Viewed 15147 times
Next

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]